Talking with Loki

When they finally got back to the school later on that night, Jasmine was the first to go to her dorm. Alex had kissed her good night before the departed and Kitty was still talking to Logan and Bobby.

Jasmine walked into her dorm and closed the door behind her but stopped. Loki was standing on her side of the room.

"L-Loki." She stuttered, her hand reaching for the doorknob.

"Jasmine. Either come with me peacefully or I can force you, love." Loki said calmly.

"I-I don't want you anymore, Loki. You- You lied to me, you used me. Do you know what that feels like?" Jasmine's voice cracked.

"Yes." His quiet answer shocked her. "Please, Jasmine." Loki held his hand out for her. Jasmine was curious. She wanted to know who had hurt him so bad that made him want to be a monster. So she took his hand. "Wise choice, my love." He kissed her hand before teleporting them to his base, one Jasmine had never been to. But they were in a bedroom.

"We need to talk, Loki." Jasmine turned to him, letting her hand fall to her side. He nodded once, but other than that, he remained quiet. "Why? Why did you do that to me?"

"Jasmine. I just wanted you to be on my side, honestly you have to believe me."

"No, Loki. You- You're not a good person." Jasmine took a step back as Loki tried to hold her hand.

"You need to understand my story first, Jasmine Carter." Loki murmured.

"Who hurt you?" Jasmine sat on the edge of the bed and patted the space beside her. She saw good in him, it was just buried deep.

"My supposed father. People may say I'm of Asgard but in all reality, I'm of Jötunheim, home of the Frost Giants. The King of Asgard, Odin, took me in when I was a baby. He raised me as his son, never telling me who I was or even bothering to mention I was adopted. He always favored Thor over me though so I should've known. But the worst part is that Odin raised me telling me of the horrid Frost Giants, when I was one of them." Loki's voice cracked. He was staring at the floor, his green eyes watering.

"I don't think you're a monster, Loki." Jasmine put her hand on his.

"You're terrified of me, Jasmine." Loki chuckled sarcastically.

"Yes. But I know you won't hurt me. You're not a bad person, Loki. You're just confused." Jasmine could see the hurt behind his dark eyes. "But that doesn't explain why you lied to me. I would've rather been thrown into a dark cell than for you to lead me on, thinking you had feelings for me. Loki, I've been in a dark, cold, and quiet place for my whole life. I've only known people to use me, to put needles in me, to take my blood. But I'd rather that than to be lied to about being cared about. No one cared about me before I met the Avengers. I see the way Natasha and Clint look at each other like the other is their entire world. I want that, but right now, it just seems like a fantasy, like I won't ever have any of that." A tear ran down her cheek.

"Jasmine. I want you to stay with me, to be mine for the rest of our lives." Loki held Jasmine's hand tightly in his. Jasmine forgot all about Alex and kissed Loki, her hand tangled in his dark, long hair. His hand held her hip. But the kiss reminded her of Alex so she immediately stopped.

"Loki. I can't- We can't be together." Jasmine whispered, standing to her feet as Loki did the same.

"Why not?"

"Because of Alex. He's been so sweet and kind with me. He helps me with everything."

"I hate to have to do this, Jasmine, my love." Loki took his scepter and touched the tip to the middle of her chest. The blue from the scepter spread through out her body before her eyes turned black, then bright blue. "Stay by my side, Jasmine."

"Yes sir." She nodded. This was the Jasmine he wanted desperately for himself. But he knew what he was doing was wrong after all they had just talked about. Jasmine Carter was no longer herself, she was Loki's puppet, who he wanted her to be.

....

Comments??