Hope

Jasmine couldn't be any happier.

She was doing well with controlling her powers, her relationship with Alex was growing, and the baby was healthy- aside from growing quickly.

Jasmine was currently sitting in the living room of the school for mutants, her knees tucked under her round stomach and her eyes fixed on the book in front of her; The Fault In Our Stars.

Kitty had recommended it to Jasmine after she got bored during the day Alex was still taking his few classes.

"Hello, beautiful." Alex snuck up behind Jasmine, kissing the space behind her ear.

"Alex! Shut up!" Jasmine smacked his chest, pushing him away a little. She was at an exciting part of the book and she didn't want anyone to interrupt her.

"Ouch." Alex chuckled as he sat on the couch on the other side of the room. "I'll just give you your space then." He pretended to feel hurt, sticking his bottom lip out as he looked down.

Jasmine sighed and moved to lay on her back with her head in his lap.

"Hey, Jasmine!"

"Hi, Jazz!"

A group of students passed the living room, waving and smiling to Jasmine.

"Hey, guys!" Jasmine waved back, not looking up from the book.

Alex smiled softly. He was happy Jasmine was being accepted by the students. He feared they'd think negative of her due to her being pregnant at such a young looking age. In reality, she was well over sixth years old.

"You're so beautiful, baby girl." Alex ran his fingers through Jasmine's messy hair.

"You too, sweet cheeks."

Jasmine put the book down a few minutes later with a sigh and looked up at Alex.

"I hope Tellan has your eyes."

"Your eyes are prettier than mine. They're just blue." Alex brought Jasmine's hand to his lips to kiss her knuckles.

"No. Mine don't stay one color. Its weird."

"Its different."

"Different is bad."

"Different is beautiful."

"Shut up." Jasmine closed her eyes. It made her slightly annoyed that Alex continued to say something to try to make her feel better but it made her feel funny on the inside that Alex would make her feel beautiful.

"Alex!" Storm rushed into the room. "Is Jasmine with you?"

"I'm right here." Jasmine sat up with Alex's help then stood to her feet the same way. Having a wide balloon belly made simple things like walking, getting up or sitting up difficult for Jasmine. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Magneto is here. We need to get her to the X-Jet, Alex." Storm spoke quickly with her heavy breathing. "Harry is there with another SHIELD agent and they're taking the jet to a SHIELD facility away from here. But we need your help."

"I can help. I really can, Alex." Jasmine spoke urgently as Alex guided her out of the room.

"No. You're going with Styles. He'll at least get you away from here." Alex was cussing out every mutant apart of Magneto's army for the last second notice. "How close are they?"

"They're about ten miles out. They're coming in giant trucks. Hurry, Alex." Storm then disappeared around a corner out of Jasmine's sight.

"Move a little quicker, Jasmine." Alex held one hand on the small of Jasmine's back and the other one was holding her upper arm.