Oh My Gosh

Panic immediately came to Alex when he saw the blood.

"Jasmine-"

"Alex, I'm okay. I've just been coughing a lot lately. Simmons said it would be okay." Jasmine put a smile on for Alex, though her head and chest were in pain.

"Are you sure? Come on. I don't want you to be sick or anything." Alex took Jasmine's hand that didn't have the blood on it and guided the way towards Simmons. Harry was talking quietly with her.  "Simmons!"

"Hello,  Alex! How've you be-"

"Why is she coughing up blood?" Alex cut Simmons off.

"Don't interrupt her, Alex. She was asking you how you've been." Jasmine nudged Alex's side with her elbow.

"Jasmine has been coughing a lot recently, Alex. Her lungs and throat are irritated. As long as its a little amount, she'll be just fine. I can get her some tea though, if you'd like?"

"Thank you, Jemma. But I'll be fine." Jasmine shook her head and went over to the sink to wash her hands.

"I'll get you some tea, Jazz." Harry rubbed Jasmine's shoulder before leaving.

"Is your head hurting today, Jasmine?" Simmons asked.

"Yeah, but I'll be fine." Jasmine nodded and gave her a soft smile.

"No, you need to take medicine to help you feel better, Jasmine." Alex objected,  wrapping a strong arm around her waist.

"The medicine I have to take makes me sleepy, Alex. I want to spend the two hours I have with you. Fury's giving us a time limit and I want to use it wisely."

"It'll be fine, Jasmine. Every month we'll see each other up until the eighth month of your pregnancy." Alex kissed Jasmine's temple, then looked over to Simmons. "Give her the medicine."

"Alex." Jasmine sighed as Simmons handed Jasmine her specially prescribed pill.

"Take it with this, Jasmine." Harry walked back into the room, holding a mug filled with hot tea in his hands.

"Thank you,  Harry." Jasmine took the cup from him and popped the pill in her mouth, then took a small sip of the sweet smelling tea.

"Come on,  baby girl." Alex guided the way to Jasmine's room, holding the door open for her.

Jasmine placed her tea on the nightstand by her bed. Her movements had become slow and shaky, as if she was an old lady that could break at any moment. The medicine kicked in fast, but not that fast. This was odd to Alex.

"Jasmine." He murmured, running his knuckles gently over Jasmine's flushed cheek. "What's wrong? And don't lie to me."

"I-I just don't feel good. That's all." Jasmine's voice was now raspy, her eyes were droopy. That was the medicine. "The pill, the medicine. It normally takes ten minutes to get in. But. . . I guess it only took about three minutes because I hadn't eaten anything today."

"Do you want something to eat?" Alex kissed her nose, watching as her eyes closed and her body swayed back and forth a little. He placed a supporting hand on her hip.

"No. I'll be asleep by the time you get back. Just. . . lay down with me." Jasmine climbed into the bed, her eyes heavy as she laid down.

Alex sat on the edge of the bed, running his fingers through her blonde curly hair just how she  liked.

"I love you, Alex." Jasmine mumbled.

"I love you even more, Jazz." Alex kissed her temple.

"I had another dream about the baby."