Baby Tellan

Jasmine was feeling faint. Her eyes struggled to stay open as she focused on the bright light above her.

"Baby girl. Jasmine." Alex whispered, but he wasn't very close to Jasmine.

"Jasmine. Open your eyes and look." Harry kissed Jasmine's damp forehead, not having a care in the world as he looked at the small life in Alex's arms.

The baby was wrapped in a plush soft white towel and Alex was gently rocking it back and forth.

"H-Harry." Jasmine's voice was raspy after countless hours of screaming in pain. She was worn out and tired. "Where's- Where's.... Did Bruce...?" Jasmine couldn't complete any of her sentences. She would start talking, then trail off as her eyes closed, then she'd force them back open and forget what she was saying.

"He went to tell the others. Look at your baby." Harry kissed her temple.

Jasmine used all her remaining strength to open her eyes.

The baby in Alex's arms was flushed, clearly exhausted from being pushed out of an opening the size of a worm hole.

"My... my baby." Jasmine whispered, feeling tears running down her cheeks

"Here." Alex gently moved so the baby could be put in Jasmine's arms.

Jasmine could feel unconsciousness pulling her farther and farther from consciousness.

"Alex... Alex... I don't... I don't want to sleep..." Jasmine was panicking slightly, but in her sleepy state, she couldn't do anything.

Her vision blacked out from there and she passed out.

It's been three days since Jasmine was last awake and in those three days, no one but Alex, Harry, and Bruce had held the baby.

Alex wanted Jasmine to be one of the first ones to hold her child. Bruce was the very first to hold the child, followed by Alex, then Harry, who Alex wanted to hold the child so he could move Jasmine to her more comfortable bed.

However, not being able to hold the baby for three days had made Natasha and some of the other heroes rather annoyed.

On the third night, Alex was rocking both the baby back and forth in a chair in Jasmine's room.

Jasmine's moving body made Alex smile softly. She was starting to wake up.

"Alex..." She moaned out as she moved to be curled in a tight ball.

"I'm right here, baby girl." Alex spoke softly, continuing to rock the child in his arms- his child.

"Alex!" Jasmine popped up on her knees, frantically looking around.

Her green eyes were wide but when she looked to Alex, her eyes softened to the blue, ocean-like ones. She could feel her heart beating at a slow rate as she moved to stand off the bed.

Her knees were wobbly at first and Alex flinched like he was going to jump to her rescue if she fell, but he realized he couldn't because of the little bundle of sleepiness in his arms.

Jasmine moved to be on her knees in front of Alex.

"Can I...?" Jasmine whispered, nodding to the baby in his arms as her eyes drifted from the child to Alex.

"Of course." Alex smiled and kissed her forehead before standing up. "Sit on the chair."

Jasmine complied and sat there, her hands shaking with anxiety as she waited patiently for the baby.