Contractions

"Quit it, Jazz." Alex mumbled sleepily from his side of the bed.

Jasmine was being annoying; making that obnoxious sound sucking through a straw to try to get the last bit of Pepsi in her cup.

She was doing it just to annoy Alex because he'd been sleeping for a while and it was only four in the evening.

It's been three days since Alex returned from fighting off Magneto's army, but he was always tired since he was up with Jasmine when she was awake in the middle of the night or running to get her something to eat at four in the morning.

"Jasmine, I'm not joking. Shut the hell up." Alex lazily swatted at Jasmine, missing the cup in her hand so he lightly hit her thigh.

"I love you." Jasmine giggled before putting the cup down.

Alex moved so he was laying with his head next to the balloon that was Jasmine's stomach.

No one knew when the baby would come. Banner couldn't get a good enough estimation because of the quickness of the growth. So it was a guessing game.

The Avengers, X-Men, and some of the SHIELD agents had made bets on when the baby would come. Everyone who had predicated the baby would come before today had to put their money in for the winner. Two people had lost already and the amount was at eighty dollars.

"Your momma's crazy, Tellan." Alex mumbled into Jasmine's stomach.

"Shut up, Summers." Jasmine put her hand in his hair, gently rubbing through his sandy blonde hair.

Alex had started talking to the baby a few days ago, telling the baby everything about different people and things.

"I wanna go for a walk, Alex." Jasmine said, rubbing the side of her stomach. She was having a terrible pain in her lower abdomen, but she thought the baby just needed to stretch so going for a walk would help that.

"Okay." Alex muttered, closing his eyes a little.

"I mean now, Alex, not in three years." Jasmine giggled a little as she poked his cheek.

"Okay, okay." Alex pushed himself up and grabbed a hoodie to put over his bare torso. "Come on." Alex helped Jasmine out of the bed and out of their room.

"Whoa! Someone call animal control. We have an elephant on the loose." Tony chuckled as Jasmine and Alex walked into the rec room.

"Very funny, Tony." Jasmine giggled and rolled her eyes at him.

"You're not funny, Stark." Natasha rolled her eyes as well.

"I know. I'm freakin' hilarious."

Tony had made jokes about Jasmine's swollen stomach for the past two days, but she was okay with it. She knew he meant no harm.

"Hurry up and pop it out, Jazz. I'm gonna lose about two hundred bucks if you don't in the next two days." Clint chuckled a little.

He had resolved his anger towards Loki enough to not hurt Jasmine's feelings, which made he happy.

"I already lost fifty bucks a week ago." Steve sighed.

The X-Men weren't on the Carried, they were attending classes, teaching them or repairing things at the school.

"I lost thirty yesterday." Alex said as he sat down in the empty love seat and started to pull Jasmine down next to him when she shook her head and held her hands up for him to stop.

"Alex. Something's wrong." Jasmine winced as the pain began to worsen towards her... area.

"Let's get her to the medic room, Alex." Banner said.