Vacation

For three days, Jasmine was in pain. Her head was literally killing her and the migraines were making her sick to her stomach.

"Jasmine, calm down-" Alex was cut off when Jasmine vomited for probably the fourteenth time in the past three hours. Alex rubbed his eyes, sighing a little. Its a good thing I have a strong stomach.

Alex was sitting in the floor next to Jasmine, holding her long hair back as she kept her head hung over the toilet bowl.

"Alex, something's wrong." Jasmine flushed the toilet and wiped her mouth on the sleeve of her long hoodie. She scooted back until her back hit the wall and she curled herself up.

"You just need to eat something, princess. If you sat something, you'll feel better and the baby will be just fine." Alex took her hand and rubbed the top of it.

"If I eat anything, I'll throw it up." Jasmine shook her head.

"Knock, knock." Banner knocked on the opened bathroom door. "How're you feeling?"

"Worst." Jasmine mumbled, loving the coolness of the steel floor on her cheek. She didn't care that she was laying in the floor of the bathroom, she didn't care that she needed a shower, she didn't care.

"This can't be jut morning sickness, Jazz." Banner knelt down beside her. "Morning sickness isn't this bad."

"I feel like I'm dying." Jasmine moved herself so she was on her knees with her bottom up in the air and her arms tucked under her body.

"Dying." Banner repeated. "Alex! You're fast, go get Jasmine's file from Fury. Tell him- Never mind." Banner speed walked out of the room, leaving a confused Alex and a pained Jasmine, who continued to express her pain through odd noises that ranged from that of a laboring cow to a dying whale.

Alex wanted to laugh because the noises were amused, but he knew they were out of pain, so he didn't laugh.

Banner entered the bathroom again, holding the Operation Animal file in his hands.

"What's wrong, Banner?" Alex stood up and read over his shoulder. When his eyes ran over the words 'migraines or other head problems' and 'failing serum', he knew what was happening. "No, no." He shook his head, looking down at Jasmine. "Fix her, doc. You can do it, can't you?"

"Alex, this isn't something I can fix-"

"Find a way to do it!" Alex yelled, making Jasmine flinch from the sudden loud noise echoing off the solid walls.

"Alex? Are you okay?" Jasmine asked softly.

"Of course, baby." Alex nodded, smiling at Jasmine the best he could. She returned a smile, though it was weak and forced.

"Keep a close eye on her, Alex. Don't let her walk too much." Banner whispered before leaving.

Alex knelt down beside Jasmine, brushing her platinum blonde hair back.

"Let's get you to bed, baby girl." Alex kissed her warm forehead before picking her up. He let her body go, gently sinking into the bed.

"Alex. I love you, you know that right?" Jasmine asked quietly, looking into Alex's blue eyes.

"Of course. I love you even more, Jazz." Alex felt a yawn come on and turned away from Jasmine to hide it, knowing she'd stay up until he fell asleep if she knew he was tired.

"I saw that, Alex Summers. Get in bed with me." Jasmine pulled the covers back and patted the spot with a shaky hand.

"Planned on it, beautiful." Alex chuckled as he got into bed. "Move your arm, Jazz. I don't want to break it."