The Truth

Jasmine woke up to the sounds of running feet. Harry was already awake, he held a gun in his hand as he stood by the bed.

"Harry? What's going on?" Jasmine sat up, rushing her blonde hair back.

"The mutants and HYDRA are attacking. Get up. We need to move you to another location." Harry began to pull Jasmine out of bed.

"Hold on. Let me put some shoes on." Jasmine tugged on a pair of boots and pulled a jacket over her shoulders just as someone busted her door open.

The sound of a gun going off three times made Jasmine scream, her hands covered her head and her eyes shifted to the red shade as she squeezed them shut.

"Jazz, it was me. Come on." Harry wrapped an arm around Jasmine and guided her out of the bedroom, stepping over the dead HYDRA agent on the floor.

"Harry! You're bleeding!" Jasmine noticed the blood spot coming through the dark jean material on his thigh.

"I'll live. Come on. We're getting you on a jet out of here with Coulson and his crew."

"Will you stay with me?" Jasmine spoke shyly and quietly as they rushed through the halls. Harry didn't answer, he only held Jasmine closer to him. They turned a corner but once they did, Harry put himself in front of Jasmine, holding the gun up to the man.

"I don't think you want to do that, pretty boy." Victor was standing in their way, his arms crossed.

Jasmine's face turned pale and her stomach churned at the sight of the man who had nearly killed her.

"I swear to God that I will find a way to kill you if you hurt her, Victor." Harry growled. Jasmine tightened her grip on him, she was holding his hip with one hand.

"Leave the child and Jasmine alone, Victor." A familiar voice made Jasmine take her eyes off the predator in front of her. Jasmine looked to see Loki standing behind her and Harry.

"Loki." Jasmine whispered, feeling better that Loki was there to help Harry if needed.

"The boss wants you to stay on the deck, Loki."

"I do not have a boss, Victor." Loki snickered. Harry moved to hold Jasmine against the wall with his back, one hand holding her hip, the other held a pistol that wouldn't even work against either of the enemies facing them. "Jasmine, love? You proceed to fall into the arms of the idiotic mortals who cross your path. Why mustn't you be attracted to someone who is more worthy of your emotions and your time?" Loki's question caught Jasmine off guard.

"I-I don't know." She whispered. "Loki, what's wrong with you-"

"I've been waiting far too long to meet your beautiful face, young Jasmine Carter." An unfamiliar, deep voice cut her off.

Jasmine's eyes left Loki's empty blue one's to see a larger built man behind Loki. The man had purple skin, a square face almost, and he was very tall, at least three inches taller than Loki.

"What's going on?" Jasmine panicked, pulling Harry closer to her. Her fearful green eyes flighted from Loki, to the purple man, to Victor, then back again through the men.

"You don't get it do you, Jazzy?" Victor chuckled. "Loki isn't in control anymore. Thanos has him under a spell."

"Thanos." Harry hissed out the name.

"Oh please, mortal agent. You wouldn't last a chance against my left pinky." The purple man, Thanos, rolled his dark eyes.

"Loki, look at me." Jasmine spoke softly.

"Loki? Deal with them. Come along, Victor. We've got SHIELD agents to slaughter." Thanos turned and nonchalantly walked around the corner.

"Nice to see you again, Jazz." Victor winked as he walked by Jasmine and Harry. The look he gave her as he walked by sent chills down Jasmine's spine.

"Jasmine. I want you to run when I say." Harry whispered.

"No, Harry. Loki won't hurt me." Jasmine shook her head.

"He's not your friend anymore, Jasmine."

"You know very well that I can hear you, correct?" Loki chuckled, coldly. Jasmine squeezed out from behind Harry and took a cautious step to Loki.

"Loki, its just me." Jasmine did not understand what the power of Thanos would do to Loki, a friend, an alley.

"I haven't got the time for these games." Loki lifted his scepter and aimed it towards Harry. "Actually." A sinister smirk crossed Loki's face as he thought of another plan. He lowered his scepter. "Why don't you go ahead and tell Jasmine the real reason you became friends with her, Agent Styles?"

"What is he talking about, Harry?" Jasmine looked to Harry with curious and confused eyes.

"He's crazy, Jazz. He doesn't know what he's saying-"

"Oh I know very well what I am saying. You are keeping things from Lady Jasmine."

"Harry?"

"Jasmine, I swear nothing turned out how I planned." Harry said.

"What do you mean?" Jasmine whispered, furrowing her blonde eyebrows together.

"He was assigned to you only to appear as a friend, someone you could count on-"

"Shut the fuck up, Loki! You don't know the whole story!" Harry shouted.

"The whole story?" Jasmine's voice cracked. She could already guess the many, many different reasons he would want to be friends with her.

"I'll just let you two have your time." Loki winked to Jasmine before he disappeared into thin air.

"Harry, what was he talking about?" Jasmine took a step away from Harry.

"Listen. This wasn't what I. . . I never wanted things to turn out like this. Please promise me you won't think of me any different." Harry whispered, his green eyes watering.

"Harry. Just tell me."

"I- Fury put me on an assignment. I was suppose to get you to trust me so that you'd trust SHIELD. Jasmine, I never thought I'd like you as much as I do. Please don't be mad at me." Harry said.

Jasmine couldn't believe it. She felt her lungs close in, like her breathing was being restricted.

"Jazz-"

"No! I- I don't want you to touch me!" She choked out, stepping away from him. She ended up running into a stern body.

Jasmine sound around to see an out of breath Alex.

"Alex!" She wrapped her arms tightly around him.

"Jasmine! Please-"

"Go help everyone out on the deck, Styles." Alex cut him off, knowing the truth himself.

"I didn't think he was lying to me, Alex." Jasmine whispered as Harry walked by.

His eyes were rimming with tears as he took one last glance at Jasmine.

Okay I know I haven't been updating nearly as much as before but that's only because I've got a puppy to deal with now. His name is Bruno a.k.a. The Poop Machine.

He craps EVERYWHERE!!! But he's so cute! He's a French Bulldog and he's black and he's adorable!

But how did you like the chapter? How do you think that'll effect Harry and Jasmine? Do you prefer Jalex or Jarry?

COMMENT AND VOTE MY BABIES!!!

<3 Kacey <3