doctor Ralph (2)

A/N - Part 2 ♡

---

His eyes scatter about as we listen to the hazy chatter of the restaurant. He looks different without his scrubs on but...It's a good different. Even in clothes so casual, it suits him.

"Y/n, tell me about yourself," Ralph says, taking a sip of champagne.

So I do, I tell him the basics and even so he seems more than interested with a smile on his face. I could probably tell him I'm a princess and he'd believe it at this point. 

"What about you?" I ask.

"Well, I spent six years in medical school after I graduated from college. I like helping others, gives me a purpose to wake up" he replies calmly.

I admire his kind nature, the light above giving him a godly glow. "What about your love life?" I continue.

Ralph chuckles "I haven't met anybody that's caught my eye...Well. Until I met you."

I feel my cheek blush pink, giving a little giggle "I could say the same."

Our hands almost touch until a waiter shows up to clear the table, distracting us. "Let's get outta here" Ralph whispers me to me as I nod.

We finished eating and decided to head down to Upper New York Bay. You could just about see the Statue of Liberty in the evening dusk. There weren't many people about on the streets, allowing us some sort of privacy.

"How's your leg feeling?" He asks with a curious look.

"Much better since we last spoke, good thing I listened huh" I joke and he grins.

"You know what else might help you?"

"What?" I ask.

"Come here," he says suddenly, using his index to signal me.

I'm about to speak again when his lips against mine cut me off, I'm surprised but I react by sinking into his embrace. Ralph's arms snake around my waist, sliding me along the bench closer to him.

When we finally pull apart, I'm speechless.

"How's that for doctor's orders?" 

I laugh. "The best you could give."