Nick Conforth (3)

A/N - I thought of this like twenty minutes ago lmfaooo I'm blushing-

---

A rackety knock on the door distracts me from my television show. I get up to answer and I'm taken aback when I see an officer standing there, a harsh expression is plastered on his face. "Can I help you, officer?" I greet cautiously. "There's been a robbery at the local store and I'm here for an inspection," he tells me, scribbling notes on a pad.

I almost laugh "It wasn't me if that's what you're assuming."

"Well, I won't know that until it's proven ma'am," he barges past and enters my home.

"Excuse me!" I cross my arms "How do I know you're a real officer? You could be the damn robber tricking me!"

The man stops for a moment and pulls out an authentic badge "I'm officer Nick Conforth, badge number 227."

I slowly close the door and watch as he begins to ransack the place. "Careful! That's an antique lamp!" I fuss. "Yeah yeah," Nick rolls his eyes and continues to search high and low. I follow him from room to room, unsure of whether I can actually trust him. "What's your name?" He demands. "Y/n Y/l/n" I answer. He hums in response and pulls out a walkie-talkie.

"House thirty-two looks clear so far," he says into it "But I'm going in for further inspection."

"Yes sir" a voice responds before cutting out.

He storms up the stairs and we end up in my bedroom. Nick checks under my bed, in the closet, even behind my bookshelf. Then he focuses on the chest of draws and begins raiding through. "What's this huh ma'am?" He turns to me holding up my red thong without realizing what it is. "A balaclava obviously" I roll my eyes and snatch my underwear from his hand. "Oh-" his cheeks flush in humiliation "My apologies, you just never know what someone could be hiding."

"I told you it wasn't me, I work for everything I own," I say proudly. "Yes of course," he nods "You have a lovely home."

We stand in awkward silence staring at each other. "Do you always go through a lady's underwear draw?" I ask. "Oh uh no, not unless I want to" Nick chuckles. I raise my eyebrow and he clears his throat, fixing his uniform a little. "I'll be on my way, you stay safe now," he says before going back downstairs.

I follow him to the door.

"You know..." I lean against the doorframe "If you want to see me in lingerie next time you'll have to take me on a date" I say. For a second, I couldn't even believe what just came out of my mouth, I'm not normally that brave. "What makes you think I'm going to say yes?" He challenges. "Because I have your handcuffs and you might need those" I twirl them in my hand with a cheeky grin.

Nick quickly pats his belt and acknowledges that I had swiped them from him sneakily. "You give those back!" He orders trying to grab them but I hold my arm out of his reach. "Well, what do you say?" I reply. Nick stares me up and down curiously as his lips curl into a smirk. "Yeah I'll take you out," he says and finally gets ahold of his handcuffs.

"Don't be too surprised if I use these on you," he tells me in a low husky voice.

"We'll see, officer Nick Conforth," I wink before closing the door.

"Damn...She's hot," I hear him mumble before he leaves and I hope to see him again very soon.