New York winter

A/N - This one is a small story plot I thought of, I hope you enjoy!! ♡

---

I tighten my scarf around my neck, keeping the harsh winter wind from attacking my skin. I knew that New York would be freezing around this time but I still decided to move anyway. I had nothing to lose, my family don't talk to me and I have no friends. Sometimes a fresh start is all you need. I walk down the icy street and into Central Park. It begins to snow, the ground that was once grey now turns white and it feels like I'm in a winter wonderland. 

Listening to the sounds of the world around me I get lost in my thoughts. I'm so distracted, I don't even notice the boy heading towards me until it's too late. "Ah, I'm so sorry," I say snapping back to reality. I help him up to his feet and he dusts the snow off him with a small chuckle. "It's okay, happens all the time" he replies. 

We stare at each other, he's very handsome. Tanned skin, brown eyes, black hair that peeks out underneath his woolly hat. "What's your name?" He asks curiously. "Y/n" I answer shyly, I don't usually talk to strangers. "That's a beautiful name, I'm Ralph" he replies. I smile at him. "Are you hungry? We could get a hot dog" he offers. "Sure, I am a bit hungry if I'm honest," I say.

We begin to walk through the park together, watching the nightlife around us. "Are you from around here?" I converse. "Yep, New York-born and raised. I'm from Huntington, Long Island" he chats happily. "Oh that's cool, I just moved here. There wasn't much in my hometown" I explain. "You and your family will love New York" he beams. I stay silent in awkwardness. "What's wrong?" He asks noticing.

"I don't talk to my family, it's complicated. I'm alone out here" I say quietly, not wanting to sound like a complete loser. Ralph wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me close. "You got me," he says cheerily and I smile. Something about his energy makes me feel like he's a genuine person. We finally reach the food stand and he buys us two hot dogs. "Mmm" I hum as I bite into mine, I haven't eaten since the morning.

Ralph chuckles at my reaction. "So Y/n, what do you work as?" He questions as we sit on a nearby bench that's underneath a shelter. "I work as a waitress, nothing fancy. It's just until I can figure out what I wanna do with my life" I answer, hoping that he doesn't think it's lame. "There's nothing wrong with that. I'm an actor" he replies.

I look at him in surprise. "Really? That's awesome" I beam. "It's fun! I just finished a movie called The Outsiders, have you heard of it?" He asks. I shake my head. "I don't watch tv that often, sorry" I blush. "Oh! It's also a book that I read in school. The movie comes out next week in the cinema...Maybe we could go together?" He asks, he sounds a little nervous.

"Like...As a date?" My eyes widen. He nods his head. "If that's okay with you, you seem really nice," he says. "I'd like that" I smile. He takes ahold of my hand and I lean my head against his shoulder as we look out at the scenery of the snowy park. Maybe New York won't be so bad after all.