Billy Grier

The phone rings, waking me up. Looking at the clock it's three am.

I reach over and tiredly answer.

"Hey Y/n"

I could recognise that voice anywhere.

"Hiya Billy, how are you?" I reply.

"I'm okay...I'm missing you like crazy though" he says.

"I know...I miss you too."

I look out of the window of my college dorm. I hated leaving him but sometimes we don't always get what we want in life.

"Y/n?"

"Yes, Bill?"

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer youthful lookin'?"

I smile.

"Baby I will always love you no matter what," I say firmly. 

It sounds like he's tearing up.

"It's just, you mean the world to me. You don't judge me as other people do, you make me feel young and loved" he gushes.

"I'll do that till the day I die" I assure him.

I can't see his face but I know he's smiling too.

"Baby?" 

"Yes, Billy?"

"Can you...Can you tell me what our future looks like?" I hear him yawn a little.

"Of course. One day, we'll buy a nice house together. Somewhere maybe in a little village where all the neighbours are friendly. Then, we'll have kids together. Maybe a boy and a girl, they'll look exactly like you. We'll grow old together and well...Be together forever."

The saddest part is that I know our future looks nothing like that, there's always the harsh reality that Billy won't be around for much longer and it breaks my heart...

Through the phone, I hear his gentle snoring and I giggle quietly.

"Sweet dreams...Billy Grier."