showgirl

"Ladies get in your places, the show is about to start" the manager calls out. The other dancers and I quickly smooth out our costumes before we get into position. I can hear the crowd's chatter through the thick red curtains, here goes another busy work night. The noise eventually simmers down, the lights come on and it's time.

We strut out onto the stage to be met with wolf whistles and thirsty males calling for us. Our costumes shimmered in the light, I could feel all eyes on us. The music starts and we move our bodies in sync, the rhythm feels just right. 

That's when I noticed him.

His soft brown eyes gaze at me with intent, he runs his hand through his hair. I recognised him instantly, the actor from The Outsiders. I wasn't really surprised, our nightclub is the most popular in the city so it's often flocked with celebrities.

Since we're allowed to interact with the crowd, I strut down the steps and I slowly approached him. Ralph's breathing hitched as I sat on his lap, rolling my hips against him. His gentle hands glaze over my thighs, even squeezing them lightly. I can tell he's enjoying this.

I swing myself off him and waltz around to the back of him. I slide my hands down his torso and smooth my hands all over his body, he's starting to feel hot. I circle my thumb over his lips before I pull away. He tries to lure me back towards him but I shake my finger at him teasingly, declining his advances. He frowns for a moment before grinning, it's game on.

It's obvious he wants more but I step back up onto the stage, still keeping in tune with the beat before finishing the dance with the other girls. The crowd claps avidly when the song finishes and I feel proud. I flash Ralph a cheeky wink and then go backstage as the curtains close.

"Well done ladies, that was brilliant!" 

I smile, it feels good being praised for my hard work. To let myself loose, I head over to the bar, sitting on the high stool. "The usual?" The bartender asks. "You know it" I grin. She pours a dirty martini and slides it to me before moving away to serve other people. Just as I'm sipping, I feel a hot breath on my neck from behind.

"That was quite the performance darling"

"You're welcome," I say as Ralph sits beside me. I watch as he takes my drink with a smirk, sipping from it. "What's your name?" I can tell he's curious. "Y/n" I answered, batting my eyelashes at him. "Pretty name for a pretty girl" he moves his chair closer to mine.

"What's Mr famous guy like you doing talking to me? Hmm" 

"You caught my eye..."

I can't help but grin when he says that. "So what are you going to do about it?" I test him. Ralph slings his arm around my shoulders with a smile. "I'm going to take you out on a date," he says confidently.

"Is that so?"

"Just you wait and see" he winks.