| Alpha Douglas Downfall |

Warning! This chapter is not edited, so expect typos, misspelled words, and grammatical errors. Thanks and enjoy reading!

KABANATA LVIII

Third Person's POV

Greyson didn't waste time after the meeting that afternoon. He asked for a secret meeting with Jake and Ophir in his very own office, put a concealing spell all over the room so their conversation will remain only with the three of them.

"I know someone from my enemies will investigate this case further." Pag-uumpisa niya. Napatango naman si Jake dahil alam din niya na hindi aaksayahin ng mga ito ang oportunidad na hanapan ng butas ang Alpha.

"I wonder who it is that spread those sketches around." Naguguluhan pa ding usal ni Jake sa dalawa. Ngunit dahil sa parehong dugo na nananalaytay sa katawan ni Ophir at Greyson ay alam na din ni Ophir kung sino ang may gawa niyon.

"It's too obvious beta." Mahinang usal nito na nakapukaw ng atensyon ni Jake. Napakunot ang noo niya sa direksyon nito. "What's too obvious Ophir? Care to enlighten me? Looks like I'm the only one here who remains oblivious here." Tila may pagka-inis na usal ni Jake sa mga ito.

"It was Crizelle. She talked to me last night about it and I declined her offer. Now she has done this to corner me." Paliwanag ni Greyson dito. Bakas ang gulat sa mukha ni Jake dahil doon.

"How come it was her? She's just a normal looking lady. She doesn't look like someone that can threaten you like that—"

"She's no longer the same daughter of the previous gamma Jake. After her abduction those creatures surely did something to her that changed her that quickly. She's no longer like us Jake. There's nothing but darkness in her now." Pagputol niya sa sasabihin nito. Natulala na lamang si Jake sa kinatatayuan dahil doon.

Some of their enemies might secretly travel down to his mansion tonight to make sure that the news today is truly fake. And that is the only thing that they need to stop from happening.

"You'll teleport back to the mansion and keep an eye on Everly and Manag Linda for the meantime. Report to me quickly if you'd notice anything suspicious. I can't leave now that people's eyes are on me. It will put Everly in much danger." Utos niya kay Ophir na kaagad tinanguan ng lalaki.

"For now, keep all of this a secret from her. I'll personally talk to her and explain everything once the tension of this news has settled down. Make sure to never let anyone know about Everly's existence in my mansion. Keep her in her room if you must, I know she'll understand." Pagdurugtong niya bago tuluyang naglaho si Ophir upang bumalik sa kanyang mansion.

"Don't you think it's a bit unfair my lord?" Biglang usal ni Jake matapos ang ilang minutong katahimikan.

"This is better than watching her body burnt to ashes for everyone's entertainment." Matigas ang boses na usal niya dito.

"You know from the beginning all of this won't work, my lord. And yet you gave her a chance—that's because deep inside she had already managed to prove something to you–and she will with the pack as well. Everything doesn't have to turn this way." Usal ni Jake sa kanya.

"Hindi mo ba napakinggan ang sigaw ng mga miyembro ng pack sa labas? Lahat sila walang ibang alam kundi ang mga walang kwenta nilang paniniwala. Hindi ko isusugal na malagay siya sa alanganin dahil sa pagmamatigas ko."