From Homeless to Hopeful (B)

Dan's POV

Phil continued carrying me. I don't know why, though. If you see a dirty kid left in an alleyway, just leave them there to die. Surely they nut deserve it, right? He didn't have any business with me, so why does he care so much? I'm starting to believe he's a bit stupid.

"Here, kiddo. Hop down." he said. I had stopped crying now, but the shock still seemed to eat away at me. I climbed off of him, and he opened the door to some apartment. He held my hand as we walked through some building, and up what felt like hundreds of stairs.

Eventually, we got to what he said was his apartment. It was nice. The lounge was cool, the kitchen was tidy, and it was overall a cute an quiet place.

Ok, Dan. Just be quiet and do as he says. I thought. And for fucks sake, Don't. Say. Anything.

"So, um, you can take a shower downstairs, and I'll get you some clothes." he smiled. "Yes, Master." I replied, and started heading downstairs.

Once I finished showering, I stepped out of the shower, and wrapped a towel around my waist. If Phil was anything like Josh, he'd want me undressed when I left the shower, so I walked outside. But suddenly, I stepped on a fluffy fabric. I looked down and saw it was a stack of clothes.

I bent down and picked them up, remembering that he wanted me to change. So I did.

His clothes were at least two sizes too big for me. It was a shirt with a pixel character on it, a pair of black skinny jeans, a green hoodie, and a pair of boxers. I'm starting to think that I should trust this guy.

I put everything on and realized how comfortable it all was. I loved it! Yet, I really do need to bear in mind that I'm only staying here for a little while, and he'll throw me out. Right?

"Phil?" I called through the flat. "Kitchen!" He yelled, and I followed the sound of his voice down the hall. I walked past the glass door, and saw him at the stove cooking something. "Hey." he smiled, and I put m hands together in front of me. "Um, hi." I said quietly. "You seem quite small in that hoodie." he tried to make a small joke. I just nodded in response and watched him.

"So, you're not going to ask any questions?" "Josh would always hit me if I did." I replied, "I'm only supposed to answer questions, I'm not allowed to ask them." he instantly set down his spatula and turned his whole body towards me and looked me in the eyes.

"Dan, I'm not Jason, ok? You don't need to be scared of me, and you don't need to hide from me. Feel free to ask any questions, and please, don't hesitate to make yourself comfortable here." "So, you're not going to hit me?" I asked, and I began to feel hopeful. "Of course not." he replied smiling, which made me smile too. "Thank you." I instantly hugged him, which took him aback quite a bit. "Oh, yeah, of course." he wrapped his arms around me.

"Sorry," I pulled away, "its just good to feel like someone nice will take care of me for once." "I'm glad I could be the one who brought your from homeless to hopeful." he smiled.

Then, out of pure joy, I kissed him. I don't know where it came from, but I just did it. After I realized what I did, I pulled away quickly. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I'm so so so sorry!" I braced myself for impact. "Woah, Dan," he placed a gentle hand on my chin, and turned me to face him again, "It's ok. in fact it was perfect." he pulled me close so our lips met again.