Tiger

Phil's POV

I gently picked up the small tabby kitten, and set him in the red and green box. "Hush, little one. Christmas is tomorrow. Dan will just love you." He mowed quietly in response as I tied the small piece of paper around his neck that read, "Will you marry me?", and it was only slightly weighed down by the silver ring.

"Phil Phil Phil wake up, it's Christmas!" Dan was bouncing on top of me like a child. "Ok Ok, I'll be right there." I laughed, and slowly got out of bed.

Finally, after opening a few gifts (with a camera on the couch filming us) there was one last present. It was from me.

"From, Phil. To, My Little Bear." Dan read aloud, blushing and giggling. "Be careful. Our future lies in that box." I smiled. He looked slightly confused, but then looked down. As he pulled the ribbon off, I switched positions and sat on one knee.

He opened it, and his eyes lit up. He picked up the small kitten, and snuggled him to his cheek. Dan then looked at the ribbon on the kitten's neck. He started crying, sobbing really. "Will you?" I asked nervously, and he nodded quickly. I smiled, and hugged Dan into my chest, squeezing the little kitten between us.

Dan pulled himself together, and I took off the ribbon and ring. Dan suddenly said, "Tiger." I gently held Dan's hand in mine, and began sliding the ring on. "What?" I laughed gently. "You're Lion, I'm Bear, and he's Tiger." He smiled widely. "Tiger," I repeated, testing it out. "I like it." Dan hugged me again, with Tiger in his lap, then grabbed my chin and pulled me loser until our lips met.

Tiger looked up at us and purred happily, knowing his new family was happy too.