Like wild horses (a)

(A/N: this is inspired 'Like Wild Horses (I know I stole the title, but if you hate that I took the title so much that you can't bother to read the story, then I'm afraid you have worse issues), and i dunno, I've just always wanted a horse (I would actually give up all my electronics, and the Internet as a whole, to have a horse. Anyways, ill stop rambling like a little twat and let you read on)

Dan's POV

Recently, my parents bought us a new large house with lots of land. It was strange and different to be in that environment of silence rather than the large and loud city I once lived in.
I have no friends here, making my birthday, that was tomorrow, seem like the worst thing imaginable.

Speaking of, my parents keep asking me what I want for my birthday, and I kept telling them I want a horse. But after I'd tell them, they'd roll their eyes and walk away. I asked mom for one the other day, and she just hummed. I could tell why she meant by that, a yes or a no, but I knew she hated it when I repeated questions, so I don't say anything. But non the less, late that night I sat at my new window sill again, and looked down.

I saw someone very, very, far away, riding a horse. I could barely tell is it was a boy or girl, much less see a face, but I could see that the horse was a beautiful copper, brown color with a long black Maine and medium length tail. I think. God, I could watch them all night, but I eventually decided to go to bed.

I want to ride a horse again. I used to when I was little, and my family took a month long vacation somewhere near a beach, and they had horse rentals. I learned to walk, trot, run, and even jump, on a horse. Just the feeling o being on the horse was exhilarating, but it's been nearly eleven years since then, seeing as in turning sixteen tomorrow. But, I guess some things, you've gotta accept. Not all dreams come true...