Nightmares

Phil's POV

I shot up in bed, tears streaming down my cheeks, hair stuck to my face in sweat, and whimpers escaping my lips.
I looked around my dark room, suddenly becoming very scared and alert, aware of every noise and movement.

I wanted Dan to be next to me, but he fell asleep on the couch, and I put him in his bed rather then my own. I'm an idiot.

And I didn't want to wake him up, since, as the Phans describe, "Phil tops", but I got an idea, hopefully to make me feel better, and get me out of this horrifying state.

"Dan?" I whispered, opening his bedroom door slowly. He turned in his bed, and groaned, but didn't wake up. "Dan." I said a bit louder, quietly closing the door, and tip-toeing to his bed. He fluttered his eyes open, "Phil?" He seemed confused as to why I'd wake him at an hour like this. "I-I had a nightmare." I said sheepishly. He sat up, and pulled the duvet up for me to climb into, "Wanna talk about it?" "N-No, I was wondering if I could be a big spoon and protect you. I thought I'd make me feel better." I said.
God, I. Am. An. IDIOT.

He giggled cutely, and pecked my lips, "okay." He laid down and I put my arms around him, hugging him closer to me.

I was right. Protecting him made me feel much better, knowing I had to stay strong made me feel unafraid.
I pulled him even closer, giving his small body a little cheeky squeeze before kissing his neck softly. He flinched at first, but then quickly relaxed.

"Thanks Dan." I smiled, burying my face in his cinnamon smelling hair. "For what?" He laughed slightly. "For being my little bear." "Of course, but only ever for you. I love you."
"I love you too." I kissed his crown before falling asleep.