𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 9

Gon pov
(3 weeks later)
(Time skip cause I'm lazy UwU)

I've been visiting with Killua and Leorio everyday ever since we first met a few weeks ago. And it's made me feel so happy. Killua and I have gotten very close and he swims with me every time we hang out. Leorio taught me how to speak English better so now I can speak pretty well!! But of course I still pronounce Killua's name with a b since it's adorable. Of course I know I'm cute!

My Aunt Mito has gotten pretty suspicious of me going out everyday. Especially on the weekends when I leave early. I just tell her I'm adventuring and hunting though. I make sure to come home with lots of fish in my satchel to make it seem that way.

Killua also told me about how school works! It sounds so fun, but he makes it sound awful too. So I might pass on that.. obviously I have to.

I had visited them again today obviously, and we hung out for hours. It was so fun!! We played a card game called Uno, and I made Leorio draw four so he got mad and threw a tantrum. It was hilarious!

Sadly it was time to leave the beach though. A storm was coming in and being out in open water wouldn't be safe. Especially since Leorio and Killua mentioned to me about fishermen being out today. I hope Aunt Mito didn't see them...

I had already said goodbye and was halfway out of the bay when I bumped into something. I wasn't paying attention and looked up to feel a shiver go down my spine. Kurapika... that's who I bumped into.. his arms were crossed and his eyes were slightly red. Which meant he was agitated...

"Oh h-hey Kurapika..." I say and he scoffed.

"Gon where have you been all day?! Why are you here at the beach again by yourself?!" Kurapika yelled, causing me to flinch.

"Sorry Kurapika I... I was seeing those mermaids from the other bay again..." I say, remembering the lie that I told him so many times and kept it in mind for use again.

Kurapika was about to shrug but he sniffed and his gills flared. Wait...

"You smell like humans Gon... what the hell have you really been doing?!" Kurapika said.

I knew now that I couldn't hide it anymore.. I wouldn't want to get caught by him being suspicious. So keeping it from him would only make it worse...

I decided in the moment that tomorrow I could take Kurapika to meet my friends. He might freak out but... I think he'd like them if he opened up.

"Kurapika.. I haven't been honest with you.." I mumbled with guilt.

"Well? What is it?!" My shark like friend scoffed.

"Meet me at the drop off tomorrow and I'll show you.." I tell him.

Kurapika became confused by that and titled his head.

"What? What do you mean 'show you'? What's going on?" Kurapika asked with worry and concern now.

I couldn't lie to him for much longer.. he's someone I care about and lying to him breaks my heart. I don't want to lose his trust...

"Just meet me at the drop off tomorrow ok? And don't freak out when I show you, it won't help." I said to him, and he tensed up.

"I swear... you better not be messing around with humans! It wouldn't end well!! Remember the story about your mother? Mito told me it a long time ago, and I would think that would give you enough of a warning!!" Kurapika yelled again with his eyes becoming pure scarlet.

I began to tear up then and Kurapika became taken aback. After that I quickly hugged him tight and buried my face into his shoulder.

"P-please don't yell... I know I lost my mom to humans but... what's happening right now is different I..." I couldn't finish due to tearing up.