𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 10

Killua pov
(That same day)
(Also trigger warning: blood, violence, and sensitive language)

Today was so fun with Gon and Leorio! I couldn't stop thinking about my mermaid friend. I even have had dreams of him! Which I've never had something like that before.. just I love Gon so much, he fills the empty piece I've been missing.

Currently, I sat at my Pc playing Minecraft when I heard a loud clash from down stairs. Shit... that must be my parents arguing as per usual.. over the past few weeks they have gotten so violent and it scares me. It's hard to have a quiet silence anymore. But I tried to block it out with headphones or even just my own thoughts. Obviously today they were being a bit louder..

Suddenly I heard a bang and a scream. Wait no.. I became worried and ran downstairs at the noises. That bang scared me, and I knew that wasn't just a silly punch or an object being thrown..

I reached the dining room to find my father shoved into the wall with dry wall stabbing into him. His body was shaking, and blood covered his left arm.. the wooden cabinets beside him too had collapsed on him and sharp pieces of broken wood surrounded his wounded legs. My mother however was screaming at him and she was threatening to throw something at him.

I wanted to intervene but my older brother illumi walked up beside me.

"Don't even bother.. mom needs to let out her emotions somehow." Illumi said and I became utterly offended.

How could he just let our father get abused like this?!! I'm not for it!

"Well I'm not letting her take it out on him.." I mumbled to him before stepping forward, "hey! Leave him alone! He didn't do anything wrong! Don't hurt him anymore than you already have! You've always been crazy and it seems that still hasn't changed!"

My mother froze at my words and turned to me with a horrifying glare.

"D-dont speak to me that way you brat!! It's the fifth time this week he hasn't made me coffee!" She yelled, causing me to gasp.

"What?! This is all over coffee?! Seriously!! Even Illumi isn't this demanding! Just leave him alone!" I stomped towards my mother to assert my anger.

She scowled and took out a knife.

"Step any closer and you'll end up like your useless father..." she scowled and I panicked. I luckily remembered my pocket knife and I flung it out.

"Don't do any more damage to this family! You should be kicked out for what you do!! But nobody in this family has the balls to do it!! So I'll grow a pair and tell you myself!! You have ruined us! We could be happy and thriving if it wasn't for you!" I screamed.

My mother roared like a infuriated tiger and came at me with the knife. I tried to dodge her attack on me but the blade stuck into my left shoulder. That caused my breathe to be snatched from my lungs and I fell to the ground grasping my wound.

"You bitch!! See what you've done?! All you do is hurt us!!" I sobbed before picking up my pocket knife.

She had let her guard down and didn't have enough time to get out of the way. I tackled her to the ground and pinned her to the wooden floor with my hand on her neck.

"You won't hurt us ever again!!" I cried and raised my pocket knife above her face.

She was going to speak but it was too late. I jabbed the  knife three times into her face. The woman gagged and blood consumed the back of her head. Illumi was surprised and grabbed me. He then flung me back into the sofa and my back filled with pain from the force.