ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔶𝔢𝔯 Յյ

??? Pov

It was so cold, and I felt my body unable to control itself. I've been stuck here for so long. In a cage... a tank if you will. I was captured by humans.. then brought here. My friend was also captured along with me, and the humans made us get new names. Mine is Pitou, my friends new name is Pouf. I didn't know why they were doing this....

"Is Pitou ready?"

My head shot up at the sound of the head scientist. He was a short man that was pretty stout. He wore glasses, and had an awful hairline.

"Yes, they are ready for dispatch. Their traits are finished readying themselves." Said another scientist who was located left of the tank.

My tail was much like a beta fish tail, and it was now the color blue. My hair had turned a curly white, and my ears became cat like ears. I gained traits that I never knew I'd get.. my joints two were now much like an insects, and I hated it.

"Before we send them out we need to make sure their memory contains nothing of their past life.." said the scientist who had walked in before.

That's when fear took me over. No.. no no I couldn't let them take my memory!!

I was going to scream, but a few buttons were pressed and it was already done. The water became severely cold again, and I couldn't move. Tubes went into my Brain and I almost felt my memories being sucked away. Before I could even try to retain anything, it was gone.

When the tubes went away and the water went back to normal, I blinked and looked around. I had a new alternative... protect the leader, serve the leader, kill for the leader.

"Alright, you can send them out now. They need to go eat a few mermaids themselves so they can gain enough power to protect Meruem. So go ahead and send em out."

Suddenly I was shot out of the tank through some unknown passage and I went off into the ocean waters. I was free, I could do what I needed to do.. that was to get my hands on some other mermaids, so I could gain power.

I then let out a little giggle and felt my whole spirit become dark and cruel. Without even another thought, I zoomed off to find whatever mermaids were nearby. I needed power.. I needed to protect the leader. I need to serve the leader.

The same thing kept repeating in my head as I went, and eventually came across a small group of mermaids. They were swimming along some rocky over hedges and speaking amongst one another. I smirked at the thought of them being completely destroyed in my grasp.

I did what I needed to do.

...
Kurapika pov

I was such a mess today. All I could do was regret the argument I had with Leorio. This more than ever made me realize how much I do care about him. Which is odd, I never knew I'd get close with a human. But we are all one in the same right? Even if he has legs and not a tail he's still... someone I care about.

While swimming alone in the deeper waters, I heard screams. What the hell?!

I went off quickly in the direction of the screams and rounded a corner to find a sight so horrifying, that I almost wanted to barf. I had to hide though behind some rocks so I wouldn't be noticed..

Not very far away, was a weird creature.. it was a mermaid, but it had other traits.. it had cat ears, weird joints and hard armor like skin. It's eyes were round, and little fangs came out of its mouth. What was this thing?!! But that's not my biggest concern anymore...

Around the mysterious creature, was blood. Lots of blood.. it was dark, and almost made it like a cloud. Meanwhile in the sand, were a bunch of severed limbs.. like legs and arms. Also, I saw a mermaid tail too..