ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 Տկ

Killua pov

We had gone back to our meeting after Gon was put in a safer place, but I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I was so worried... what if he doesn't make it?? No, I can't think that way. I have to look at the bright side. Gon is strong, he's made it this far, so he will make it farther.

"Alright everyone, the plan is ready to pitch." Knuckle announced to everyone, so we went quiet to listen.

"The humans here will be our main source. We will send around half of them that are here to go gather weapons from on land. The rest of you humans will be receiving instructions from Shoot. He will explain to you your duties." Biskey paused then and gulped, "as for the mermaids, we have a list that will show your assignments. Except around twenty of you will be going to the borders of our territory, and finding spells that can correctly dismiss of these creatures." Biskey finished those instructions, and sent off those who needed to be.

The only ones left were me, Leorio, Kurapika, a few other mermaids, and one human who was pretty quiet.

"Ok. The seven of you will be staying here. Killua, Leorio, Kurapika, and Ging will be keeping watch for Gon and any other stragglers. The rest of you will be going with me to learn some spells that are crucial for the plan." Biskey finished separating everyone off, and we went to our tasks.

Ging looked awfully worried, and I'd decided to talk to him. He was leaning against a large Boulder as mermaids swam left and right past him. I went up beside him now, and he looked down.

"I wonder if Gon is going to be out soon..." I mumble sadly, and Ging gulped. I saw tears in his eyes now, and I froze.

"I-I hope he is... I c-cant lose him! I already lost his mother, I can't lose him too..." Ging tried not to sob and I patted his shoulder.

"Hey I'm sure he'll be ok, he's strong. Remember that." I say, which made him nod.

"You're right... just he went too far..." Ging sniffed and wiped away the tears at his eyes.

"He did but, he's still here with us. So let's hang onto that." I said while seeing Biskey teaching some mermaids about spells.

We were quiet now, and I could only feel sorrow rising in me. What if he didn't make it? What if this is just his slow painful death... I don't want to see it, I don't want to imagine it... but it might be the hard truth. I can't believe it though, I refuse to. I can't... no.

I was having an internal crisis, but managed to calm when I saw some fish swim by. I have to remember what's important... and that's helping gon out until the end. So even if he does.... Y'know... I'll still be here for him.

...
Days later...

I was exhausted from all the training and work I've been doing to prepare. We all have been working hard to be ready for the big battle ahead of us. And I'm just hoping I'll be strong enough. I have to be...

We still haven't seen any signs of Gon, or that weird human yet with goggles. I'm wondering when they'll be ready... who knows.

"Killua, could you help me pass out these blades?"

I turned to see Leorio holding lots of knifes of all shapes and sizes. So I nodded and took a few.

"Sure." I say sadly and swim around to give out the blades.

Leorio noticed my sadness and sighed.

"Killua.. hey I know you are worried about Gon but... at this point we have to assume the worst and move on. I don't think he's going to make it... so we have to focus on what's important now, and that's the battle coming up ahead." Leorio said and I felt anger take me over.