ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 Յճ

Gon pov

It's been a few days now ever since I had... gone over my limits. Killua was very angry that I went over the brink, and repeatedly told me that I was an idiot for doing that. But hopefully Kite and Bisky explained to him what that spell meant. I wanted him to know... because what if he didn't? What if words weren't enough?

Currently me and Kite were out doing training. This time he wanted it to be just me and him. He wanted to talk to me about what happened.. we were both swimming along the drop off. It was me and Mito's last day in the ocean before going to Ging's pool now that he prepared it properly. Kurapika was coming with us too. I was honestly sad, the ocean is my home...

"Gon... tell me, why did you do that spell? Killua already knows, you've told him with words already. So why did you do that?" He asked with a little anger.

I felt tears rising at my own thoughts. Which caused kite to freeze when tears streamed down my face. I tried to sniff and make them stop, but it was already happening. It was too late to stop now.

"I-I.... I want to be enough!! What if Killua leaves me because I'm not good enough! I want to be perfect for him..." I cried out a little and Kite frowned.

"Kid.. you are definitely enough for him. Based off of the experience with him while you were unconscious... you are more than enough. He sees a lot in you.." Kite told me, which made me want to cry more.

"I just... I don't want to part from him.." I said sadly.

Kite gently patted my shoulder and grinned.

"Trust me, you don't need to worry about that. Killua said it himself... he never wants to leave your side." Kite reassured me, so I wiped away my tears.

"O-ok..." I stuttered out.

We continued to swim by the drop off, and we talked about spells now. What different types there were, what they meant, and what they could do for the spirit.

"The spell you did Gon. Has one of the most powerful meanings any spell could have. It shows love, it shows passion, and it shows strength. Also spells like that can make others around you feel the same way. It's an emotion spreader." Kite explained.

I nodded to show that I understood and we swam over the drop off now. It was dark below, and I just prayed that thing wasn't here..

"The spells you will be starting out with are obviously transformation ones. You will start with the most basic, human legs. Then you will do a fish. After you master those, we'll move onto spiritual ones, where you use the power of spirits around you to enhance your own." Kite said while checking our surroundings to make sure everything was safe.

We were about to leave and go somewhere else. But that's when I sensed it... Kite did too.. that thing was here?!!

Kites eyes widened at the new presence and turned to me rather quickly.

"Gon!! Get out of here now! I'll handle this.." Kite said but I refused.

"No! I'm not leaving you alone! Please I can help you!!" I yelled with fear.

Kite was about to yell at me, but suddenly there was a flash of movement. And blood began to surround us both. I slowly  looked to my left to see... Kite's right arm completely cut off and blood spewed everywhere.

I cried at the sight and tried to spot the creature that did this to him. I was more than angry now, and felt the green aura around me appear.

"Don't get so excited weakling..."

The sound of a voice made me become shocked. From behind Kite, came the thing... it had those same cat ears, and big round eyes.

I scowled at the sight of it and was prepared to throw a punch.