𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 28

Gon pov

The next day I woke up pretty early to go meet Ging up north. I'm not sure why he wanted to.. he didn't give me specifics. But it would still be nice to just spend some alone time with him!

I then stretched and swam out of the cave after Aunt Mito wished me to have a good day. She has become more accepting of humans, so she's ok with me going to see Ging today. She's not fully trusting of them yet, but she's getting there! And that's all that matters.

While swimming I saw Kurapika sitting alone by the reef and I frowned. I don't think Ging would mind if I was late..

"Kurapika! Hey are you doing better?" I asked him and sat down next to him.

Kurapika looked over to me and smiled.

"Good morning Gon, ya I'm feeling much better. I feel bad for treating Leorio the way I did yesterday. So I'm going to apologize." Kurapika said and I nodded.

"Yay I'm glad your doing better!! And don't worry Leorio owes you an apology too, hopefully things get figured out!" I say to him for reassurance.

Kurapika smiled at what I said.

"Ya hopefully things do.. I want it to go back to the way it was. Where we all just had fun, talked, and didn't give a damn about anything else." Kurapika said with a slow blink from his eyes.

"Ya... but things happen, we'll get back to normal soon!" I said happily to help cheer him up.

Kurapika enjoyed my enthusiasm and got up from where he sat and swam up.

"Well, I better get going to go get some food. I'll see you later this afternoon." Kurapika said goodbye to me before swimming away and I grinned.

He's much happier than before which was obviously a good sign!

After checking that I had everything, I continued on my way up North. The water was a little colder, but it felt nice actually. There was less coral though and places to hide. So if anything were to try to hunt me down they wouldn't have trouble doing so..

It felt like an hour until I reached the northern beaches. And when I surfaced, I saw Ging sitting alone in the sand. His hair was spiked up like mine, he wore a grey hoodie, and black sweat pants. He was on the comfier side today it seemed.

I then swam up to the beach and smiled happily.

"Hey dad!!!" I cheered and he looked up at the sound of my voice.

He soon gained a smile of his own and ruffled my hair.

"Oh hey kiddo, I'm glad you made it safely. How have things been with Mito?" He asked, causing me to twirl around with glee.

"It's going great!!! She actually is starting to trust you guys more now! I'm trying to convince her more, but I don't want to rush it." I explained to my dad while wiggling my tail in the water for fun.

Ging chuckled at my energy before yawning.

"That's good to hear, hey.. I wanted to ask you something." He paused and I looked up to him, "I was wondering... would you like to meet a friend of mine? I think he could help you with something." Ging said and I nodded frantically.

"Sure! Is he here now?" I say, looking around to try and spot him.

"Well, yes he is. Give me a moment.." Ging said and he stood up and walked over to the tree line of the beach.

He seemed to speak a little before gesturing for someone to come out of the shadows. My entire body became numb when I saw the familiar face emerge. It was the same blue cap, long white hair, white shirt, and black jeans... it was Kite!!!!