ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 ՏՏ

No pov

The night sky was now looming over the ocean, with the moon adding a glowing tint to the waves. Below, everyone who had formed the new rebellion were resting peacefully. Although, each and every one of them had a distant feeling of fear. They didn't have any idea as to when this war was going to break out. They had a plan, but they still had yet to decide when to take action.

Gon and Killua were curled up together in one of the caves. Gon's little face was nuzzled into Killua's stomach, and Killua was leaning against the cave wall holding him close. He was the only one still awake, he refrained from sleep. Because he wanted to protect everyone, especially Gon, from any harm.

Killua could only see the nightmarish images in his head of the battle. Blood, screams, death, it scared him. Yes he has been violent with his family, and has seen those things multiple times. But... this time it was different. The entire ocean was at stake here, even the human population was too.

Gon flinched a little in his slumber, making Killua smile warmly. The white haired boy then gently pet Gon's head to comfort him. He must be having a dream.

Meanwhile outside of the caves, another world was taking its chance to get ahead. That world, was the one of the genetically changed mermaids. Around ten of the creatures were rummaging around, looking at everything that the rebellion had collected. Among them, was Pouf. He was smirking at their possible chance of glory, almost excited too. He was insane. The thoughts of tearing everyone apart filled the back of his mind.

"Pouf, it seems they could be ready any day now for battle. In fact, they probably already are." Said one of the creatures who swam up to Pouf.

"I'm aware... judging by the amount of weapons they've taken." Pouf responded with a short, aggressive tone.

"Yes, but you know... we could have them, get a step behind." The creature whispered with a smug smirk on his face.

Pouf chuckled, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Why of course.. hand me one of those grenades would you.." Pouf said and the creature nodded.

Once pouf had a grenade in his hand, he ushered the others out of the area so they could escape quicker. Then, he pulled the pin and threw it into everything that the rebels had collected.

After that, pouf zoomed away along with everyone else and vanished into the darker waters.

💥BOOM💥

All of the supplies, weapons, and food were blown to bits. Even some of the rock heaps surrounding the area crumbled. The caves were farther off luckily, but a shock wave still went through the water.

Killua gasped when he heard the huge crash, and Gon did too. Everyone else also came out of their sleep, wondering what the hell had happened.

"K-Killuba what was that?!" Gon shivered and Killua hugged him close.

"I'm not sure... let's go check it out. But lay low." Killua said back to him, and the two boys left the caves.

When they got out, they saw everyone else had woken up and went to check it out too. Killua gasped when he saw some people crying and sobbing out. Among them, he also spotted Knuckle in front of them all.

"Knuckle! What happened?!" Gon exclaimed with concern.

Knuckle sighed and he pointed over to where all of their supplies was being stored.

Both Killua and Gon gasped in horror. Everything... was gone. It was blown to bits. Lots of the rock around the area was destroyed too, only leaving ash and debris.