Chapter 66

**Zayn's POV**

"You're a fuckin monster. You know that?!"

I spat out the words behind clenched teeth. "We had a deal. This isn't a fuckin game anymore." My palms started to sweat as I gripped my iPhone in one hand. "Relax Zayn. It doesn't matter. So what if I lied a little? You lied too. You lied to everyone that trusts you."

I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to get inside my head, make me think that this mess is my fault. My heart pounded fast, like a drum in my chest. "I don't trust you with her. SHE COULD BE DEAD NOW FOR ALL I KNOW!" I was screaming now. I heard a deep laugh on the line. I could almost picture his condescending smile, staring down at me. "I'LL TELL EVERYONE THE TRUTH OK?! SEE IF THAT'S FUNNY TO YOU!" I wasn't playing with him. The laughing stopped. I could hear deep breathing on the other line...he was thinking. He knows that I would do it. He needs to understand that he doesn't control me.

"Zayn..." He finally spoke, his voice was eerily calm. "Let's not forget that you have a truth too. Do you think Olivia will ever love you again if she knew your secret. Is it worth it if what you're fighting for gets taken away? And who's the one that has her now? What if I pulled out my trusty little gun and pointed it in the back of that pretty little head that you'll never see again?"

No.

No.

That was it. The tears poured out of my eyes so fast I didn't have time to hold them back. I could feel my breathing growing heavier and I feel as if my head is going to explode.

"Oh don't worry, Malik. I'll make it fast and painless. She wouldn't even feel a thing. Just one quick shot and she's gone." He laughed again, the noise made me want to strangle him until he could never laugh again. After a minute, he lowered his voice.

"Now let's go over our choices now, shall we? You can tattle on me and I'll do the same to you...right after Olivia goes to sleep. Or..."

He paused and I could feel the tension through the phone. My hands shook, my eyes were drowning in tears, my voice was numb, he was successfully destroying me.

"You could keep that mouth shut and Olivia's life may or may not be spared."

I exhaled loudly and pondered this for a moment.

"How do I know you aren't lying again? You could just as easily kill her and they'll be nothing I can do to save her." I reasoned. This conversation was like making a deal with the devil.

"Well....that my friend. All depends on trust. I trust that you'll make the right choice. Now you have to trust me back."

Trust.

That word stuck to me. I don't trust him, I don't trust anyone at this fuckin school. Except Olivia and Tom. But is trust enough?

Slowly, I forced myself to choke out the words I knew I would regret saying.

"I trust you."

A/N

What do you think about Zayn's choice? What would you have done in his shoes! Major action's coming up so please keep reading(:

-Liv