Chapter 72

*Brittany's POV*

The second I saw Harry's shinning green eyes, it was like the world was lifted, and in that moment, it was almost like a promise that no matter what would happen from here, everything was going to be ok. My heart felt like it was in my throat, and it was as if all of the air was stripped cold from me, but as soon as he wrapped his strong arms around me, I just knew. I knew that everything would be ok. Not just for me, or even for him for that matter. But for all of us...

Now however, I am sitting on the front porch of the house I had been torturously held in like a helpless doll. I heard the footsteps of the policemen behind me searching the surroundings inside.

I stared down at my dirty hands and observed the blisters that had formed around my palms. My attention was drawn up in front of me as I heard the pebbles being kicked by the familiar shoes of a certain curly haired figure.

He stared down at me with a sad smile on his face, but it was just enough of one for his little dimples to slightly greet me. I stood up and slightly placed one of my hands in his, before I engulfed him in a hug. I clung to his chest, inhaling his wonderful scent I missed dearly.

He closed his eyes and smoothed my long blonde hair on my back.

He drew in a shaky breath. "I... I thought you were dead" he whispered in my ear, his voice breaking a little.

His tone just shattered my heart. He sounded like a helpless little boy who just lost his mum. I backed out of the hug, and grabbed his shoulders.

"But I'm not Harry... I'm right here right now and that's all that matters..." I slightly smiled at him.

His eyes gleamed at me and he leaned into me, gently placing a kiss to my cheek, before placing a soft one on my lips, our lips barely touching.

I took his hand and led him back over to our friends who were talking to three middle aged male policemen. Once I approached them, I immediately caught onto their conversation, which was consisted of them telling us that there would be many police surrounding the campus, and that we were invited to spend the night at the station, which we all politely declined, considering we haven't slept in our own beds in what seems like forever.

We were allowed to leave then, and we all climbed into Tom's car. I squeezed next Olivia and even though she still had tears in her big eyes, she managed a giggle due to us all having to squeeze in the vehicle tightly. When there was no more room, Harry brought me up on his lap and tugged me tightly. I gasped and was a little resistant, considering there were policemen right outside out windows who could see us illegally sharing seats. Harry didn't seem to mind though, giving me a quick and playful kiss on my neck, just below my ear, making me squirm.

"Harry if you don't stop, I'm going to tell the men I want to stay at the station." I joked, shifting on him uncomfortably.

I glanced to my side and saw Steph and Beau squeezed together as well, but you see, Beau could actually think and knew to just keep Steph safe and close next to him, not on top of him.

But I didn't complain... I was just happy to be here with everyone. I was with Harry, my friends were safe beside me, and everyone was just to get back and for once, not have to worry.

That's all we really needed, I guess... To feel like we didn't have to worry...