Chapter 45

* Beau's POV *

It's been a week since I lost Steph and I feel like a total wreck. I can feel it inside she's still out there. I'm loosing hope some days but I just don't want to give up. I wake up crying and I go to sleep crying every day.

I'm here laying on my bed remembering the second night she was gone, when I went to her house to tell her parents and three siblings.

* flash back *

I walked up the stairs and knocked three times before her 6 year old little brother open the door. " HEY BEAU!" he yelled as he saw me. He's look on his face was beautiful, his green eyes lit up right away and gave me a big hug.

" hey buddy." giving back a hug and rubbing his hair. " where are your parents Jean?" I asked.

" in the kitchen, preparing supper." he told me before taking my hand and dragging me to the kitchen.

" hey beau." Steph mom said giving me a hug and kissing me on both cheek.

" hey Melanie. I... I... Uh... Have to talk to you." I said looking around the room.

" for sure but where's Steph?" she asked me as she directed me to the table.

I just looked at her trying to figure out what to say, but I guess by the look on my face she knew it was about her.

" I'm sorry." I finally said.

"what happened?" she asked me worried.

" I don't know that's the problem. But.. But it's my fault." I told her as I reached for her hand.

" I'm sure it isn't. Is she gone? Did she just take her car and left?" she questioned me accepting my hand and rubbing it back.

" Well it was our first month anniversary and apparently she was receiving anonymous texts telling her where to meet for our little thing. That's why it's my fault, I shouldn't of guessed she would come to our favorite spot on campus, I should of went to her dorm and be a gentleman. Gosh I'm stupid." I said starting tearing up as I said the last few words.

" honestly Beau, it isn't. For one thing I know, it is for sure not your fault, she loves you very much and she would never want you to blame yourself about what happened. There's just this freak out there who wants to hurt my daughter. Please do something for her and stop blaming yourself for what happened. Please can you do that?" she asked me.

" I'll.. I'll try for her." I told her trying to sound confident.

" good now want to stay for supper? Making Stephs favorite meal." she asked me as she went back to the oven.

" Uhh sure, I'll stay for supper if that's okay. It'll make me feel closer to her. Want some help?" I asked as I directed myself beside her.

" sure. Cut these vegetables." she told me as she pointed to the knife and vegetables and I cutted them all.

*end of flashback*

I was now at the dock looking out the lake and watching the sunset imagining I was here with Steph.