Chapter 10

*Taylor's POV*

I squeezed Tom's hand under the table, as soon as I noticed who Olivia was looking at. Toby. Toby Anderson was somebody I didn't want to talk to. Ever. But I had to. "Uh, I'll be right back." I said, standing up from the table. "Where are you going, babe?" Tom asked. I shook my head. "I'll be right back." I slowly walked up to Toby, who was sitting alone at a table, reading a book. "Toby." I whispered. He looked up. "Taylor." He said back. "You don't think I'll tell the cops what I saw that night?" I tried to remain quiet so no one would hear me. "What exactly did you see?" He asked, smirking a little. "You and Amanda. Holding hands. Making out. And then you were screaming at her." I said. The words felt like vomit in my throat. "And why didn't you come save her, from her boyfriend?" He asked, winking. "You were sleeping with Amanda, weren't you?" I asked. I noticed everyone at my table staring at me, with confused faces. "Maybe." He said. "You're an asshole. I don't know what happened that night, but I plan on finding out." I said. I smacked Toby's face as hard as I could, before walking back to my table. "Uh...?" Brittany said. "Don't ask about it, okay? It's nothing." I said, taking a sip of my water. Everyone was quiet, still staring at me. "Well obviously I'm not welcome here. I'll get going." I said. I grabbed my purse, and walked out the door as fast as I could. Did they hear what I was saying to Toby?