Chapter 7

*Brittany's POV*

'Tick. Tick. Tick' I could hear the faint sound of our clock ticking as the time passed. It was about midnight now and I have about fallen asleep. I'm drifting back to earlier today at the coffee shop and I take a deep breath and exhale loudly. I adjusted my head to a comfier position and let my body completely relax. Relaxation. Just what I needed. 

~Flashback~

The second I agreed to going to the coffee shop, I instantly regretted it. I caught a glance at Harry and saw his smile grow big and he started to walk towards me as we were leaving the dorm. I caught up with Steph and gave her a smile. 

"I've really missed you." I grinned, giving her a side hug. 

"Same." she giggled back. 

"Oh here comes Harry." she nudged my arm and gave me a wink. 

I gave her a annoyed expression back. "Shut up, he's a cocky jerk." I whispered to her. 

Then on cue, Harry hops between me and Stephanie and puts his arm around both of us. 

"I'm really excited to be here. What's it like here, a party every night, or what?" he said looking at me from the side. 

"Um, get off." I snapped and pulled his arm off of my shoulder and then he did the same for Steph. There was an awkward silence for a second and I just looked at the trees to make it look like I had something better to do. Beau came jogging up next to Steph and broke the silence. 

"Here we are then." he said and pulled the door open to the local Starbucks. It was a place that most of us students liked to gather around and just hang out. Once we all got in, I was reminded by the fresh smell of coffee that I was really hungry. We all ordered and I got a Vanilla Bean Frapachino. 

"Brittany?" The worker called my name out in her high pitched voice, indicating that my order was complete. 

"Thank you." I said and grabbed my drink, and poked a straw in the top. Everyone already had there drinks and so I came over to their table and found there was only one seat left, right across from Harry. I slid into my seat and we all just sipped our drinks and caught up on each others lives. It was perfect, I loved getting my mind off Amanda. That was until of course, Harry had to be all stupid again. 

"So why has everyone been all sad around here? Like everyone I see acts as if someone died or something!" he said, laughing at his last comment, obviously oblivious at the Amanda situation. Everyone was silent and I just shifted in my chair and just looked around the room biting my lip, not wanting to talk about anything. Then, Stephanie let her emotions get the best of her, and she started crying right there. She stood up and grabbed her drink and ran out of the Starbucks to calm down. Beau stood up after her. "I better go check on her." he said excusing himself. Then I was just sat glaring at Harry who look dumbfounded. He literally had no clue what was happening and it was making me mad. 

"Your a real dumbass, you realize that?" I hissed at him, still holding back my tears. 

"What did I do?" he said crinkling his eyebrows together as his green eyes grew. 

I just stared at him, trying to figure how I was going to respond to him. After a while, I finally just took a sip of my drink, setting it down gently once I was done. 

I took a deep breath. "My uh- our best friend just died..." I said my voice cracking at the end. Harry just looked at me. 

"Her name was Amanda. We were like the five girls that everyone wanted to be. She was the person I told everything to. And one night, she left. For no reason really, just that she wanted to get away. She said she was going through a rough time and she uh..." I stopped because I realized that I was now crying. I just closed my eyes and whipped the tears away. Then I got the confidence to speak again. "And she uh, said she was going to explain why when she got back... But she never came back." I said squeezing my eyes close to hold back the more tears. "They found her body that night, but we still don't know how it happened... We know nothing... Just that our best friend isn't here anymore." I said finally opening my eyes and taking a deep breath. Harry was just looking at me with a slightly sad look on his face. I just looked at my hands, and then I finally stood up. 

"Well we should be heading back, right?" I said changing the subject. 

Harry still didn't say anything. He just stood up and tossed his drink in the trash and we were out the door. When we got outside, we saw that Steph and Beau weren't there and that they were probably already heading back to the dorms. Great, more awkward conversation with this cocky boy. 

We started walking in silence. I looked around at the scenery while we were walking and just took in the area. It really was good to be back in London. I really loved it here. It was just a truly beautiful place. 

We were almost to my dorm when Harry broke the silence. 

"I'm so sorry." he said kindly. "About what happened... You shouldn't have to go through that."

I didn't reply at first, not really knowing how to respond. I just kept on walking. Then I turned to him and gave him a slight smile, indicating a 'thanks'. 

This might be the first time I didn't find him a jerk. 

~End of Flashback~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note!

HEY GUYS!

WOW! Almost 300 reads already and it hasnt even been 24 hours yet! 

Thats crazy...

KEEP SHARING THIS STORY!!

We are four girls and we each write our own POV (: 

But we all have the same plan... And we know you will love it heheh

So PLEASE comment/like/vote/share this story! 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!! <3