Chapter 47

*Taylor's POV*

"It was so nice meeting you!" I said to one of the freshman divers, as I tried to blow dry my hair in the freezing locker room. All of the freshman wanted to meet the captains. As much as I loved helping them, I just wasn't... into diving since Amanda died. I grabbed my bag, and started to walk to my dorm. It was halfway across campus, and such an exhausting walk.

I took a sip of my Blue Gatorade, and watched the stars light up the sky. I wanted to get some coffee before I headed back to the dorm. I walked into the Starbucks outside of our dorm. It was empty, and the lights were off.

"Is anyone here? I'll pay extra for a Latte!" I yelled. A man walked out of the back room, and looked up at me.

"Toby." I whispered.

"Taylor... can we talk." he said, grabbing my hand.

"Get away from me." I yelled.

"I just have to tell you something!" His eyes looked sad, and his face looked confused. I would have never given this kid the time of day, but something was telling me I had too.

"Fine."

"I like you. Like... a lot. And I really want us to be more than friends." His words slapped me in the face.I was so shocked... I just ran out of words.

"We were NEVER friends. And I have a boyfriend. One that I happen to love very much." I yelled. I started to walk out of the coffee shop.

"He doesn't have to know! No one does!" He started to grab me, but I ran out of the shop. He started to chase after me. I ran as fast as I could, up to the dorm room, and locked the door.

"Olivia. Olivia!" I yelled, and ran over to her. She hugged me.

"Is everything okay." She asked. I shook my head. I was so out of breath. I felt sick, like I was going to vomit all over the dorm.

"I don't want to talk about it..." I whispered.

"We need to talk." Olivia said. This can't be good. "Beau told me something, that, honestly... I don't know what to make out of it." I felt my stomach do a flip inside of me. I couldn't take this anymore. So much bad new, so much running, so much hiding.

What has happened to my life?

"Zayn was with Toby the night Amanda died." Olivia's words came out slow and painful. You could tell it was hurting her to even think of the possibility that both the loves of her life killed her best friend.

It was going to be a long night. For the both of us.