Chapter 1

***Olivia's POV***

One minute was all it took. One moment, and her life was gone. A tear slide down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away with my sleeve. It's not going to be the same this school year. Everything will be different. One less girl at the lunch table, one less chair taken in class, one less laugh in the hallway. "Olivia, you're here." The driver said, interrupting my thoughts. "Thanks for the ride." I said faking a smile as I walked out and started unloading my bags. The outside of the building was vacant. I was late again. Everyone else was already in their dorms unpacking. Guess I'll be doing this alone. I dragged my bags up to my dorm. The normally busy halls were silent. Everyone was probably silent discussing Amanda's death. I arrived at my dorm and found my roommate and one of my best friends, Taylor, sitting there texting. I dropped my bags and she looked up from her phone. "Um, hey." She said as she stood up to hug me. It had been about three weeks since we last saw each other. I had left for a vacation in Hawaii but it wasn't very fun because I was still depressed about Amanda. Another tear escaped and before I knew it, I was sobbing."It's ok. Please don't cry about it. There's nothing we can do now." Taylor said, trying to comfort me. I nodded and collected myself. "So, Tom has a new roommate." Taylor said trying to change the subject. "Really? Is he hot? Oh who am I kidding I'm not interested." I replied. I was still recovering from a bad relationship I had ended recently. "I haven't seen him yet but you should go for it! You need to move on." She said. "Maybe. I don't know. So much has been going on I don't want anything right now.Especially after last year" I explained. I sat on the bed and pulled my dark hair into a ponytail. Taylor walked over next to me."Well, it's a new year. Anything can happen."