Chapter 6

*Taylor's POV*

I was sleeping. It didn't feel like sleep. Nightmares were taking over dreams. Nightmares of Amanda. Watching her get killed. Watching the same person who killed her kill... me. I shot up in bed, wiping the sweat off my forehead. I looked over to see if Olivia was there, but of course she wasn't. "Great..." I whispered to myself. I reached over the table to grab my phone, and started dialing Tom's number. My hand were still skating. "Taylor? Are you okay?" He asked. "No... no I'm not. I can't sleep." I said. There was silence for a few seconds. "Let's go to the pool. We'll do some diving practice for when the season starts? I know that always clears your head." I thought about it for a moment. "Okay, I'll be right there." I grabbed my swimsuit out of the closet, and quickly changed into it. I ran down to the pool, which was luckily only a few minutes away. "Tom?" I asked. I saw Tom sitting on the edge of the pool. "Hey babe. Come sit?" He asked. I sat next to him, and he put his arms around me. "You know, there wasn't anything you could do." He whispered quietly. I nodded, but before I could start crying, I ran out from under his arms, and up to the diving board. "You said this was practice, right? So, let's dive." I was always the type that avoided talking about my feelings. I hated it. Tom told me to come back down so we could talk, but I didn't listen. I jumped. And in perfect combination, too. Toes pointed, legs straight, hands together. I felt so free. I hit the water with a small splash, and when I popped my head out, I saw Tom smiling. "So, Coach Daley, how many points do I get?" I asked. "I'd give that perfect 10's in all categories, which means you won the gold medal!" He laughed. I felt happy again. For the first time since Amanda died. I felt happy.