Chapter 23

*Brittany's POV*

"Olivia shut up!" I giggled, playfully shoving her.

"I'm sorry I'm just nervous!" she laughed, laying on my bed.

"Yeah, well you don't have to scream it to the world!" Stephanie laughed along.

"Guys seriously, we haven't got much longer! Britt, hurry up and get dressed already!" she said showing me towards my clothes drawers. I pulled out my tight black tee, and dark wash jean daisy dukes. That's what everyone else was wearing, due to us trying to sneak around. It was 11:30 at night and the moon was bright and full. We had 15 minutes to get ready and wall to the bus station in time to get to the police station around midnight. I just quickly changed in front of them, with us being like sisters, so it didn't really matter. Once I had everything on, I turned around to face them.

"Anything else?" I asked, smoothing down my shirt.

"OH! Should we put that war paint stuff under our eyes?! To make us look more sneaky, you know?" Olivia asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

We all laughed and Taylor stood from off the bed. "Don't you think the people on the bus with think we look a little suspicious?" she asked, rolling her eyes playfully.

"They could think we are football players..." Olivia mumbled.

I giggled as Stephanie smirked, "Who is going to be on the bus at 12 at night anyways?!"

"I don't know, but if we keep talking about it, there won't be no bus to take us at all!" Taylor said, tugging us out Steph and I's dorm. I closed the door and we were headed out into the night.

We were all walking to the station and trying to talk about stuff to get our mind off of how nervous we all were.

"So how's Beau, Steph?" Taylor asked winking at her.

Steph looked away and smiled to herself. "Things are good." she mumbled quickly as she blushed. Taylor laughed at her, but Steph just shrugged it off and asked about Tom.

I was quite the whole walk, just deep in thought. It was because we passed Amanda's grave and I instantly thought back to a few nights ago and what happened with Harry. We haven't talked sense, even though we have seen each other everyday. He would look at me, but he would never bug me or make rude comments. He just kept his distance. Did I scare him off? Well I don't want to think about it. I don't need a boyfriend, and it's not like I like Harry or anything. I really just want to focus on spending time with my friends because I realize how fast they can instantly disappear.

"Hey you okay?" Olivia whispered to me, as Steph and Taylor were talking about their love life.

"Hmm?" I said breaking out of my trance. "Oh.. Yeah!" I said and gave her a smile.

"Okay" she said and gave me a sweet smile back.

We then arrived at the station and there was no one there thankfully. The bus pulled up shortly after our arrival and there was only two other people on the bus with us. One a business man, and one and Chinese lady, half asleep in the far seat.

The ride flew by and before we knew it, we were standing in front of the police station, holding hands, and letting our nerves get ahold of us.