Chapter 27 : Reality

January 14, 2018.

"I can't believe that just happened," Taehyung whispered in horror, the moment Jimin exited the living room, going to his room, to continue his sleep.

"I know right," the other quietly agreed, hugging him, pulling him closer to himself as an act of comfort, "You okay?" He mumbled, resting his head on his shoulder.

"I'm not actually," Taehyung said, truthfully.

Jeongguk chuckled slightly.

"I could hear your heartbeat, hyung," he said, placing his palm over the left side of his chest.

"Well, yeah," he muttered, a frown etched in his face, "Jiminie knows now. It changes things."

Jeongguk shook his head.

"It doesn't, only you're nervous, and that's normal, I get it. Besides, it's only Jimin hyung," he said in a soothing tone, hoping that it'd comfort him.

"Still—"

"He'd never judge us, hyung," he said, stealing a small kiss on his lips.

Taehyung smiled.

"I know," he said, hugging his head close to his chest, suddenly, "But I'm still kind of worried, okay? I don't know, I just... I know that Jiminie wouldn't judge us, but, I guess the fear of... being judged didn't really go away. Especially when you're someone whom the society wouldn't accept."

"Oh, Tae," Jeongguk breathed, his heart aching for the other's insecurities, as he tightened his hold, holding him safe in his arms, "No matter what happens, we'll be together, right?" He mumbled against his neck, his eyes almost getting teared.

"There's no doubt," Taehyung agreed softly, running his fingers through the latter's hair.

They were just a couple, who wanted to show their love to everything—but couldn't. And being young and inexperienced, they didn't know how to handle it.

.

.

.

Namjoon clearly sent a text message in their group chat saying that there was a meeting to be conducted the next evening. It was supposed to be their free time, since all their schedules were done—since it was regarding the promotional activities of their next album, it was mandatory.

All the members were drowning in last minute work and review in their studios, and Jeongguk and Taehyung weren't better.

In fact, both of them were dead tired, since they didn't get much sleep last night—as Jimin caught them making out in the kitchen.

As promised, Jimin didn't open his mouth to anybody about what he saw, and both Taehyung and Jeongguk were more than thankful that he acted like nothing happened—even with them.

Jeongguk took a deep breath, shutting down his system, yearning for a quick nap before the evening. He wanted to rest for a while, but his phone buzzed slightly, a couple of notifications popping up on the screen.

Frowning, he took the phone, only to see messages from none other than Jimin himself.

Jiminie hyung
Gguk
I saw Tae crying in his studio just now??
I mean, I heard it
I went inside without him knowing but he was sobbing too much and I don't know what to do, to be honest.
Can you check on him? Cause I have to record now, with Yoongi hyung and Jin hyung, it's already delaying too much. But I can't leave Tae alone too, ah, I feel so guilty...