[P2] Chapter 62 : Somber

June 25, 2019. 

Jeongguk was staring at the set in front of him.

He set up a dinner that night, when Taehyung finally decided to tell everything about him, without hiding anything. Jeongguk literally saw heaven when he heard those words, a few days ago. But he would be lying if he felt the same now. Because he had been sitting there for a few hours, with the food ready in front of him, in the middle of greens, with different lights surrounding them, in the perfect date spot.

Just, Taehyung wasn't there, nothing much.

Jeongguk spent hours in this, even overnight, just to set this up for his date. He ordered the food being very picky, making sure that Taehyung would love each and every one of it. He thought through everything more than once to see if Taehyung would be happy or not.

But there he was sitting opposite to an empty seat for the past four hours.

The maknae just stared at the steak in front of him, his eyes... dangerously emotionless. He didn't shed even a single tear, the feeling he was experiencing that time was more than just sadness. He was angry, sad, humiliated, and basically like a fool. He felt like a fool getting excited every time only to get disappointed in the end.

Is Taehyung really cheating on me?

He thought suddenly, remembering how Taehyung smelled of a whole different thing. Jeongguk knew that something like that would never happen, but right now, he couldn't really be so sure. He was slowly starting to doubt Taehyung and he didn't want that, he didn't want to lose the trust he had in Taehyung. But if the older one kept on distancing himself from Jeongguk, kept on skipping dates, kept on ignoring texts and calls, Jeongguk was helpless, he had no choice but to doubt.

Or is it just my fault?

At this point, even if it was one of Jeongguk's faults, he didn't know what it was. Jeongguk had no idea what was even wrong with him. How could he know when they lost what they had and treasured the most? Communication.

Jeongguk heard ruffling the next moment, and he didn't even bother to look up who it was.

Taehyung came rushing to the spot, only to see the younger one sitting there. His blood cold thinking of what he had done once again, he... hated himself more. It was true that Taehyung decided to convey everything to Jeongguk without hiding anything, and that was exactly what he wanted to do today.

"Jeongguk," he whispered, but didn't receive any response in return, "I'm sorry I'm late, I'll- I'll tell you everything now-"

"No need," Jeongguk said, looking up at the older one, "I lost interest."

"I-I was..."

...at the hospital, the session went longer than expected.

"I said there's no need," he repeated, before getting up from the chair, "I don't want to know anything, where you've been, who you've been with, anything. It doesn't matter anymore."

Taehyung froze at the last statement.

"What does that mean?" He whispered, looking at the younger one with a horrified expression. Jeongguk didn't even look at Taehyung, as he checked his phone once more, before finally... facing Taehyung.

"Let's take a break," he said, "Let's take a break from our relationship."

"W-What?"

"You heard me," Jeongguk shrugged, ignoring the stabs his heart was getting at his own words, "It's clear that you want time to yourself, and you have other important things to deal with, which I have no idea about, and probably never will. So, let's break up for now."