Chapter 15 - Pink Paper Ploys

>> • WENDY • <<

There is hell on Earth, too much hell that you'll even doubt whether you're still on Earth or not. Almost everyone is a wolf in sheep's clothing that you'll wonder if there's a sheep clothing line founded somewhere for them to have that much clothing.

"Shantelle's...Shantelle's..." I swayed my fingers from the booths and stores on the way. He picked up such an inaccesible place, and an inconvenient time. Imagine almost getting to the trouble of cutting classes just because of a stupid message that I received. Well, I'm not cutting classes this day.

Someone must've played a prank on the teachers on the faculty office just because they don't feel like taking up a class or an exam. The university's gate is cramped up earlier with students trying to get ahead from one another for the reason that the alarmed teachers sent warnings that there's a bomb threat. As of now, they're still investigating who could be behind of all those exploits. It's even rumored that the culprit might be a member of guerilla, trying to put students and the university in provocation.

As soon as the bus driver stomped on the brakes for the bus stop nearby, I hopped off since malapit na rin naman ako sa pupuntahan ko.

According to his drawing, there's a huge bandstand with a roof in the color of a cantaloupe right across that place. Upon spotting the bandstand, I figured out that Shantelle's Boutique is that fancy clothing store ornamented with vines trailing all over its brick walls on both sides of the entrance.

There, I noticed a figure of a dense man inside that boutique from those glass walls. He's wearing a spruce polo with the sleeves rolled below his elbow topped with a sleeveless denim jacket. His distinct cream-colored slacks stood out among the darkest dresses and suits worn by mannequins beside him.

Dali-dali akong humangos papasok sa loob at taas-kilay siyang kinalabit.

His 4/6 parted bangs swayed along when he faced me, almost poking his almond-colored pupils if not for the round spectacles he's wearing.

Bakas ang pagkagulat sa mukha nito nang makita ako sa kaniyang likuran. As expected, West's foolish-looking face never fails to annoy me. His 4/6 parted bangs swayed along when he faced me

"W-Wendy?!" napalakas ang pagkabulalas niya at agad na tinakpan ang bibig habang tinatapunan ng tingin ang ilan pang mga customer na nandito rin sa loob, "Anong ginagawa mo rito?"

The eyebrow that I raised crooked with its partner, "Did you hit your head on the pavement? You're the one who messaged me to come over."

We're locked in a confused staring contest.

"I didn't." saad nito.

I fished my phone from the pockets of my uniform and flashed the screen on his face. His eyes squinted for a moment, but it widened after reading the message in it.

"I never sent you a text message, believe me." aniya at kinapkapan ang sarili. "Look, I don't even have my phone with me."

"Huwag mo akong pinaglololoko. Gusto mo bang mabalian kita ng buto?" I fumed, "If it's not you, then who did it?"

I feel like I'm on the verge of destroying everything where my sight will behold upon. My fist clenched, almost burying the nails in anticipation that I'll be hold back for at least a moment.

The windchime in the entrance rang, turning the eyes of everyone on the newcomer.

"Yoohoo~ Baby!"

A brunette in mid ponytail dramatically waved her hand on our direction, joined with a flying kiss that she let out from those lips covered in cherry lipstick. Her flamboyant, marmalade strap dress is too tight that her curves are traced on point. The clanking sound made by her black stiletto boots echoed on the porcelain tile floor. Her side bangs bounced as she approached West and anchored her arms on his.