Mother knows best but brother knows better

(Warning: Long chapter. This is based on a friends mom.)

Mark, Bob, Wade and I went out to a resturant after the tournament. They got really drunk and fell out of their seats. I had my permit, so I drove home. It was scary driving at night, so I had to be very careful. I parked the car in front of the apartment, and I helped the boys into the aparment. Bob was laughing so hard his face looked like a cherry, Wade went straight to the toliet to barf, and Mark was trying to go upstairs. He kept falling at the third step. I grabbed him by the arm, and helped him up to his bedroom. He untied his shoes, and I pulled them off. I also helped him with his pants and shirt, and put on his Markiplier pajama pants on him. He started giggling when I was helping him put on a new shirt, and placed his head on my shoulder.

I put him in bed, and went to deal with the other two. I helped Bob up the stairs, and into the other bedroom. I took his shoes off, and put him in bed. I then went downstairs again, and laid Wade on the couch. I gave him a pillow and blanket, and turned off all the lights. I went to my apartment, and went to bed. The next morning was one I'll never forget, it was one of the worst days of my life.

I woke up around noon, and made coffee." I'm so glad it's the weekend. This week was nuts." I drank some coffee, and checked my phone. No messages, of course. I grabbed Mark's spare key from my dresser, and went to get donuts. I bought them from Doughboys, and got myself an iced coffee. I went to Mark's apartment to see Wade starting to wake up." My fucking head." he said as he slowly sat up. I handed him a donut, and went to get him a coffee. I brought back a coffee and some aspirin, and some coffee for the other two. I then went upstairs to get the other two, when I heard vomiting. Bob was getting out of bed, so I knew it was Mark. I set the donuts and coffee on his bed, then walked to the bathroom. He was on his knees, and his hair was falling into his eyes. I could see him trembling as he continued to get sick. I pulled his hair back, and rubbed his back.

"I'm never drinking that much again." He said when he stopped, and I helped him sit down." I can barley remember anything from yesterday, only your tournament." He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I helped him up, and brought him downstairs. I brought down the coffee and donuts, and watched Bob walked down the steps." My head hurts." He said as he sat down next to Mark." Okay now that you guys are down here, I need to go take a shower." They all watched me as I was leaving the apartment. I opened the door, and stopped in my tracks. My mother was standing at my door.

My mother looked nothing like me, sine She had black hair and I had brown. Her eyes were green and mine were hazel. She was barbie doll skinny, and she was a fashionista. She was wearing a black skirt, white blouse, black high heels, and a few bracelets." Mom, what are you doing here?" She looked at me confused when I came out of Mark's aparment, then looked at my door." I thought this was your apartment?" She asked, and I nodded." I'm hanging out with my neighbor, we're good friends." I turned to see Mark standing near the entrance of his apartment." What are you doing here?" I asked again, and she smiled." I've been thinking about something the past week you've been here, and I decieded to come here to tell you. I want you to come home!" She said, and I froze where I was.

"Mom, I don't want to go home." I said, and her smile disapeared." What are you talking about, I thought you only came here for work? Can't you just quit your stupid job?" I felt my anger go up, but I relaxed myself." Yes I could, but I don't want to. I love it here, I've made new friends. Including my neighbor Mark." My mother finally noticed my scared face, and glared at me." Firends who beat you to death like that?" She said pointing at my face, and I looked down." No, friends who tried to protect me from this. I don't want to leave here, I love it here." I said, and my mother crossed her arms." Well I don't care if you love it, you're coming with me. I don't give a damn if you made new friends, you're not staying here!" She slapped me, and I stumpeled backwards.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I felt my cheek sting. I held my ground, and stood up." NO! I will not go with you. I don't care if you stop texting me or if you ban me from your life. I'M NOT GOING WITH YOU!" I yelled, and I felt hands on my arms. I turned to see Mark there, and I felt the tears start to roll down my cheek." I think you should leave." Mark said, and Mom looked at him with angry." Who the hell do you think you are?" she said, and Mark glared at her." I'm Mati's brother, and I won't let you ever hurt her again. Now get the hell out of here." We walked back into his house, and he locked the door. I started to cry like a baby, and almost collapsed in his arms." You know what's the worst part?" I asked him, and he looked down at me." She's not even my real mom." My real parents had died in a fire when I was only four, I was the only one who escaped the house.

Mark held me there until I stopped crying, and I smiled at him." You're the only one who matters." I told him, and he kissed my forehead.