Grandma

(Guess who coming in this chapter?   I bet you guys know.)

        Mark wasn't at home when I got up, so I went for a jog.  I went to the abandon parking lot, and did some training alone.  I climbed onto the top of the pole, and struggled to do a handstand on it.  Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead, and I watched it fall onto the ground.  I then crawled down, and my phone buzzed while I was.  It scared me, and I fell down.  I landed on my back, and groaned in pain.  I answered the phone, and it was Mark."  Where you at?"  He said, and I struggled to sit up."  I'm at the parking lot, and I just fell off the pole thanks to you."  He was trying not to laugh, he was lucky I couldn't punch him right now.  I smiled a bit when I heard him laugh."  I'm sorry, are you okay?"  I sighed in frustration, and stood up."  Why are you calling?"  I asked as I picked up my bag."  Well we need to catch a flight, I've already packed for us."  I got into a cab, and was confused."  Well, when did you run this by me?"

        "I didn't, I just thought you would be okay with that.  We do that to each other don't we?"  I chuckled a little bit, and saw the cabbie smile."  I'm sure you packed everything correctly, and that you've checked all the flight numbers?"  Mark was silent, and I heard him hang up.  I smiled, and was dropped off at the apartment.  I went to mine, and took a quick shower.  I was singing while I was, and dancing to the beat.  After I got out and dried off, I kept my hair down.  I sat on my bed carefully, and laid down."  Fuck my back hurts."  I laid down, and stared up at the ceiling.  Where were we going?  Why wasn't he tell me?  He usually did, but not this time.  Was he trying to surprised me?  Or was he trying to surprise someone else?

        I got up ten minutes later, and grabbed an ice pack.  I placed it against my back, and relaxed on the couch.  Mark was running around his house, and I took a quick nap.  I had a dream about darkness, and there was a light at the end of the room.  It looked like a candle light flickering, and I tried to go toward it.  As I did, it started to grow farther and farther away.  I stopped, and it stopped as well."  Teaser."  I said, and fell onto my back."  I don't need you to see, I have the stars."  Sure enough, stars appeared in the sky.  Beautiful stars that lit up for me.

        I woke up at around eight o'clock to a knock at the door.  I got up, and opened it.  Mark was standing there with two bags in his hand."  You ready?"  He asked, he seemed really excited."  May I know where we are going?"  I asked, and he shook his head."  It's a surprise, no information is leaking out of me."  He said, and I rolled my eyes.  I pulled my suitcase out of his hand, and held it away from him."  No let me carry it, I want to be a gentlemen."  He tried to grab for it again, and I walked in front of him quickly."  Nope."  I said popping my lips, and got into the cab.  It was raining today, perfect.  I sat in the back seat with Mark, and put my earbuds in.  Mark was jabbing my arm the entire way there, and I kept slapping his hand away.  I pulled my earbuds out, and gave him an angry look."  You're being so pushy today.  What is with you?"  I asked, and he just smiled."  You'll find out soon enough."  He said excitedly, and got out of the cab.  I paid for the cab, and I saw Mark had grabbed our bags.  I couldn't find him for a second, so I had to call him."  Umm, where you at?"  I said, and he swore under his breathe."  Find me at flight 2A."  I found flight 2A, and saw him looking around for me."  Way to wait up for me ass."  I said, and he itched behind his ear."  I thought you were behind me, didn't think I was going that fast."  I pushed him playfully, and sat down in one of the seats. I watched the rain outside, and smiled."  I remember playing out in the mud as a kid, my dad would make small holes to make mud pools for me.  He would put buckets out there so he could splash me with cold rain water."  I smiled, and I saw Mark had a small smile.

        I patted his knee hard, and he tried to stop me."  Tell me where we're going please?"  I said, and he pulled my hand away from his knee."  I can't, I want you to see for youself."  I placed my head against his shoulder as we waited for our plane.  Once it came, we got to our seats.  We flew up in the air, and I fell asleep first.  My head was against Mark's shoulder when I came to, and he was reading something on his laptop.  I looked up to see he was reading one of my stories I wrote.  (Just to let you guys know I'm actually writing a book, it's something like this.)  It was called Zero.  It was about this man who finds out he is part spirit.  It meant he control something on earth, and he it makes him grow strong with his power.  He then has to defeat his girlfriend's brother, who is the most powerful spirit of them all.  It's was very detailed.

        Mark was so concentrated on it, he didn't notice me looking at him."  You like it?"  I asked him, I seemed to have scared him.  He looked down at me, and nodded."  It's so detailed and perfect, I really enjoy it."  I looked out the window, and saw dark clouds."  Where are we?"  I asked and it made Mark smile."  We are in my old state Ohio."  He said, and I smiled."  So that's why you were so happy with yourself."  He nodded, and I rested my head on his shoulder again.  We finally landed, and we got to a hotel.  Mark said we would go wherever he wanted to go tomorrow, and that we just need to sleep."  Well you sleep in the other bed tonight, I was some space to spread out."  He nodded, and we got in our seperate beds.  My back still really hurt, and I groaned as I made myself comfortable.  I fell asleep, and woke up early.  My back felt better, and I stretched my arms over my head.

        I went downstairs, ate breakfast, then went on a run.  People looked at me weird as I ran in the freezing cold.  I gave them calm looks back, and ran back to the hotel.  I took a quick shower, and woke Mark up."  You told me we had to go some where today."  He sat up, and I saw his gross hairy leg under his pajama pants."  You should wax your legs again."  I said, and he smiled."  Maybe we should do a waxing challenge together."  I did a sacarstic laugh, and he smiled.  I sat on his bed as he changed, then he combed his hair back.  I pulled on a black jacket to keep from the cold, and helped Mark with his.  He then got into his rental car, and he drove for a long time.  I pulled my legs up onto the seat, and wrapped my arms around them."  I watched your 'Drunk Minecraft' videos by the way, finished them all."  Mark smiled over at me, interested at what I was saying."  What did you think?"  He asked, and I shrugged."  I enjoyed it when Bob interupted your introduction.  Those were my favorite parts."  He nodded, and he stopped the car in front of a house.  It was a one story house with creamy walls and a dark roof.        

        We got out of the car, and I waited for Mark to walk in front of me."  What's the matter?"  He asked as we walked up to the front door."  I don't know who's house this is."  I said, and he knocked on the door."  Don't worry, these are good people."  The door opened, and a woman stood there.  She was tall, skinny, and pale skin.  Her hair was jet black like Mark's, she also had his creamy brown eyes.  She had wrinkles under her squinty eyes, and had on glasses."  Mark!"  She said, and kissed his cheek."  Hi mom, it's good to see you."  I smiled a bit, and looked at them.  It was Mark's mom, she was so cute."  Who is dis?"  She said, and I steped forward next to Mark."  Mom this is Mati, the girl I told you I adopted."  His mother came up to me, and placed her hand on the scar on my forehead.  I looked at her as she looked me up and down."  Scars keep memories, some better than others."  She then asked us to come in.