Bodyguard

I woke up the next morning to my alarm, and went to my apartment. The shower burned my wounds on my face, and my eye was healing up already. I got out of the shower, and put on new clothes. I put on long NIU shirt, black sweat pants, blue Nikes, and a black jacket. I brushed my hair into a pony tail, and put some food in my bag. I opened my door, and was stopped by a person blocking my path. I put my face into Mark's chest, and looked up at him." I'm not letting you out of my sight this time. I called your school, and told them I would attend school with you from now on." He placed his hands on my cheeks, and kissed my forehead." I don't want anything to happen to you okay?" I nodded, and hugged him.

As we walked past the bus stop, the big kid glared at me. I glared right back at him, and got into Mark's car. He drove off towards the school with a scowl on his face. I don't think I've seen him angry before, I didn't like it. I placed my hand over his, and he looked at me for a second." I don't like this Mark, I like the happy one." He smiled at me, and I placed my head on his shoulder. He didn't flinch or anything, he just continued to smile." Are you going straight home after school?" He asked, and I shook my head." It's Friday, I have the tournament. But I don't you should come." He turned toward me, and I looked at him." Why should I? I would love to see you beat ass!" He parked in the schools parking lot, and got with me. He took my bow and arrows case from me, and walked toward the school." I just think it would be a good idea."

"Mati please, I want to see you compete." He gave a puppy dog look, and I rolled my eyes." Alright fine." He acted like five year old, but then acted like an adult when we entered the school. He didn't even need to sign himself in, he just walked with me to my locker. Some heads turned when people saw me walk through the multi purpose room (MP room), and I heard whispers." I heard that Tommy beat the hell out of her, and her brother beat him up." I smiled at that." Apparantly you're my brother." I said to Mark, and he laughed." Well I mean come on Sis, I am." I laughed at that, and went to my locker.

It was odd having Mark sitting in all my classes with me, he was always there. He asked me questions on the homework so he could help me figure it out. He even sat down with me at lunch in the back of the cafeteria, and would make fun of me when I ate. He made me laugh so hard milk came out my nose, and he fell out of his chair. In fourth hour, Biology, the big kid was moved to the other side of the classroom. Mark asked the teacher questions, and she happily answered them. When the bell rang, we stayed after class for a little bit. Mark was asking the teacher about how she liked her job. She then asked him for an autograph.

When we got back to the car, I told Mark the directions to the gym. He drove quickly toward the gym, and he wrapped his arm around me." You'll do great, I know you will." I blushed at that, and watched as the gym came into view. I grabbed my equipment from the back seat, and swabbed it with my bookbag. Mark parked in front of the gym, and followed me in. I was greeted by the trainers, and was signed in for the tournament." Who is your guest Mati?" One of the trainers named Brian, and I turned toward Mark." That's my brother Mark." I said.

(I really love this chapter by how Mark is being the bigger brother than a father. And I wanted to thank you all for reading my first published book.)