Black Belt

Mark was out when I got up at four, so I decided to go on a jog.  My shitty leg was hurting today, so it felt good to make it burn.  I grabbed coffee on the way back home, and also some fresh donuts.  I got home around five-thirty, and made up the counter for breakfast.  I heated up the donuts a bit at around seven, and made sure the coffee was warm.  I limped upstairs, and woke Mark up."  Come on, class starts at nine."  He looked me confused as he followed me downstairs."  What class?"  I sat at the counter next to me, and he woke himself up."  You said you wanted training, you got it."  He stared at me as he nibbled on one of the donuts."  Wow, I didn't know it started so fast."  I shrugged, and bite into a donut."  I started at age seven, call yourself lucky."  He moved his fingers through his hair, then fixed his glasses a little bit."  Nine o'clock?  Was that the regular time you guys trained?"  He asked, and I shook my head."  No, we had to get up at two every morning.  Then we would jog around Rockford until five in the morning, then we get to the hard training."  His hand shivered a little, and I held it in mine."  Don't worry, we'll go on a small jog to get you started.  Then I'll show you some fighting moves.  We're going to go small right now, nothing big.  Plus your lungs can't handle that much."  I pressed my other hand on his chest where his lungs were, and he looked down.  I saw his cold face again, and removed my hand.

        I rubbed my wrist, and drank the rest of my coffee.  Mark looked up at me, and I sighed."  I have to put it behind me, it's in the past."  I said, and he nodded.  At nine, we went to the track next to my old school.  Mark and I bought track shoes before we got there, and we were wearing running clothes.  I tied mine, and saw Mark having trouble with his.  I sat down next to his feet, and helped tie them for him."  Your clock will beep in fifteen, you stop when it does."  I said, and he nodded.  We both put our earbuds in, and we started running.  I must've been really fast, because I past him three times before our clocks beeped.  I wasn't even sweating that much, and he sweating buckets.  His shirt was drenched in sweat, and he had his head in between his legs.  I was leaning against the bleachers drinking a few sips of water while he drenched his head with ice cold water."  You okay?"  I asked, and he nodded."  I usually don't run, I bike."  He said, and drank the rest of his water."  Why don't we take a break to get cleaned up before doing some small stuff."  He nodded again, and followed me back to the car.  Before we got in, he pulled his sweat dripping T-shirt.  His abs were glistening in sweat, and I turned away."  What?  You don't like my sexiness?"  He asked, and I acted like I was hurling.  He wiped his body off with his shirt, then threw it into the back seat."  Aw Mark, it's going to stink up the car."  He gave me a look, and I gave him one."  Excuse me Missy, but this is my car."

        "Yeah, but I'm driving."  I said to him, and he nodded.  We got back home, and I made him take his shirt out of the back.  We both took showers, and got on new clothes.  We went to an open parking lot that was abandoned, and that nobody would bother us."  Rule number one about training Mark."  I pulled a pen out of my pocket, and flung it at him.  He didn't put his hands up, and it hit him right in the forehead.  He took a step back to keep his balance."  Always mind your surrounding, and heighten your senses."  I grabbed another pen, and flung it at him.  This time he caught it, and smiled at himself."  We'll go from pens, to plactic round knives, to regular plastic knives, to butter knives, to sharp dagger knives.  But now we'll keep to the pens and pencils."  Rule number two, never let your guard down.  People will always try to make you to trust them, when they only care about the paper in your wallet.  I don't care if it's a fan or a sweat old woman, can't trust them.  You only trust people who you care for.  Unless something is off about them, then don't tell them anything."  Mark nodded, and I flung a pen cap at him.  He caught it between his fingers, and smiled again.  He reminded me of when I first caught a pen.  My teacher had a cold look on his face, but I had a smile."  You seem so happy by doing a simple deed."  My teacher, and I nodded."  Sometimes you have to be happy about the small things."  I told him, and that was when I first saw him smile.

        Mark and I did defense from punches to one another, and I caught him in the chest when he messed up."  Rule number three, look for weaknesses.  If another fighter was here, he would quickly see your weaknesses."  Mark looked down at himself, and up at me."  Glasses, weak ankles, bigger body muscle.  These can lose you a match, but I'll show you how to make them help you.  Your glasses will make you look weak, but in realitly you'll be stronger than any of them.  Your ankles will make you faster, and your muscle will make you look big.  Watch me."  I had placed up a pipe in a pot hole in the middle of the parking lot.  I quickly ran over to it, and was able to move around it at the last second.  I then wrapped my leg around it as it looked like I was running past it, and pulled myself until I was facing Mark again."  Small ankles, more speed.  You try."  Mark looked scared now, and I stood there waiting.  He then started running toward it, and moved around it a second before it.  He then pulled his leg around the pole, and was facing me."  I did it, that was incredible!"  He said jumping with excitement.  I smiled a little bit, and remembered my teacher again.  He would congrate me when I did something right, and brought me out to dinner sometimes.

        I pulled Mark close to me for a minute, and heard his heart beating fast."  Rule number four, control your breathing.  If your breathing hard, your enemy will hear you.  Keep your breathe level, and you'll be good."  He nodded, and tried to level his breathing.  I pressed my head against his chest, and couldn't hear his heart beat that much."  There you go, that's it.  We'll do some more training next week."  Mark looked at me confused as I pulled my duffel bag onto my shoulder."  Next week?  Why not tomorrow?"  I laughed a little bit, and he still looked confused."  Trust me, you'll figure it out tomorrow.  Come on, let's get some food in us."  I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, and we walked back to the car.  I drove to a small Italian restaurant, we ordered pasta and garlic bread.  I watched Mark struggle to suck the noodle into his mouth, and started coughing into my drink."  Don't judge me...you!"  I started laughing again, and set my drink down.  The waitress came over to us, and smiled at us."  Sir, your sister is so adorable.  Here's the check."  I blushed, and Mark took a the bill."  Yes she is isn't she?  Aren't you going to thank the nice lady?"  Mark asked me, and I did."  You are something Mark."  I said after she left with the money, and Mark smiled.

        We then went home, and sat on the couch for a while with the TV off."  You are one hard trainer Mati, I have to give you that."  I smiled at him, and turned the TV."  You haven't seen hard yet, that wasn't even close."  Mark leaned his head against the back of the couch, and groaned loudly.  I smiled again, and scooted closer to him.  His head fell on my shoulder, and he rubbed his cheek against it.  He then got up, and went to bed.  It was like eight o'clock, so I figured he was tired.  I stayed downstairs, and watched some TV for a while until I got tired as well.  I went upstairs, and crawled into bed with him.  He was completely out, and was snoring.  I just laid next to him, and got comfortable in bed.  I then shut my eyes, and went to sleep.