Acceptance

It's been two days since Mark has been home, and I've completely shut out technology.  If anyone tried to contact me, they would have to find me.  Danny continued to call me, but I shut off my phone.  At work, the trainers didn't let me train.  They only let me watch, and Tiff would sit me next to me."  Hey Danny came by here yesterday looking for you, is Mark still at their place?"  I nodded as I ate my strawberries.  The trainers would let me do some rope climbing, and I showed some Newbies how to do it without straining their arms.  After that, Tiff drove me home.  I got out of the car, and thanked her for the ride.  I limped upstairs, and was putting my key into the slot.  I looked when I heard footsteps to see Danny standing there.  He had on his blue jeans, converses, and his green jacket."  You haven't answered his calls, my calls, nor our textes."  I stood there, and looked over at him."  If he wants to talk to me, let him come to me."  Danny came closer, and put his hand on my shoulder."  Mati he's sorry, he just..."   I turned around, and looked at him."  I don't want him to be sorry, I just want him.  I'm tired of hearing I'm sorry, that's not what I want.  What I said was true, he did save me.  But I didn't want him to hate me for it.  I defended him, and this is what I get in return."

        "Mati you have to understand, he's scared."  Danny tried to put his hand on me, put i pushed it away."  Doesn't he know I'm scared too?  Doesn't he understand that all I wanted was someone to help me.  I wanted a friend, a true friend.  Not someone who's going to step on me and tried to use me.  I wanted..wanted.."  I opened my door, and stood there about to the close the door on Danny."  What did you want Mati, tell me."  I sighed, and looked over at him."  I wanted...acceptance."  (Hence the name of the chapter, it's talking about how Mati was never given a true friend in her life.  The only person she trusts is Mark, and now he's scared of her.  It's pretty upseting.)

        I shut the door, and locked it.  I then fell onto the couch, and dropped my phone onto the floor.  I turned it on to see I had fifteen missed calls, and twenty messages.  I was getting a call just as I turned it on.  I ignored it, and called Tiff."  Hey Mats, what's up?"  I sighed, and took a moment to answer."  You want to hang out at my place, I have nothing to do."  Tiff was silent for a moment before I said her name again."  Oh sorry, someone was talking to me.  Yeah sure I'll come over, I have to go now.  See you at eight."  I was about the end the call when I heard something on the other line."  Could you ask her how she's been please?"  Mark?  Why was Tiff with him?  Was he trying to find out if I was okay?  The asshole couldn't do it himself.  I decided to text Tiff.  Mati:  Hey sorry I'm feeling so well now, must be from lunch.  Maybe we can hang out tomorrow K?

        I then put in a movie, and made some sweet popcorn with suger instead of butter.  I was watching Pixar's Up, and I had an ice pack on my stitches.  Tiff called me, and I answered with a pretend cough."  Hey Tiff, sorry for canceling."  I made my voice all nasaling and I did a fake sneeze."  Oh sorry to hear your not feeling well, but I have a problem."  I cleared my throat and spoke regulary."  I know Mark wanted you to hang out with me, you forgot to end the call."  I said, and TIff was quiet."  Mati, Mark is.."

        "If you say he's sorry, I don't care.  I'm sick of his sorry's, I just want him to care about my feelings.  I defended him, and he got scared.  If he can't realize I'm scared too, then I don't want you to be the messenger."  I hung up on her, and continued to watch the movie.  I heard footsteps outside my door, and I heard it was my other neighbor."  Good evening Mrs. Hendric."  I shouted, and she shouted back."  Hi Mati."  After the movie ended, I put in The Breakfast Club.  I decided to bring down a pillow incase I fell asleep, and I brought down a blanket.  When I was putting on the blanket, I saw that it was Mark's brown blanket.  I took a big sniff of it, and it had his smell.  I smiled, and wrapped it around myself.  Around nine o'clock I got a call from Dan."  How you feeling?"  He asked, and paused the movie."  I'm doing good, I've cooled off from this afternoon."