Big brother vs Big brother

Mark woke me up at around seven on a Saturday by just putting his face next to mine.  He scared me, and I fell out of bed."  Mark, what are you doing?"  I asked, and he smiled."  Tom and I are going out to breakfast, get dress."  I got to my feet and went to the bathroom."  What are you doing?"  He asked, and I gave a tired look."  Brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, and splashing my face."  He started making my bed as I closed the door.  I brushed my teeth quickly, and I brushed my hair with a wet comb.  I then splashed some warm water on my face, and took my pills.  When I came out of the bathroom, Mark was staring at picture on my nightstand.  I ignored him, and got some clothes.  Dress pants, red flannel, Starbomb T-shirt, and red converses.  I turned toward Mark again, and he was still looking at the picture.  It was of my step brother and me at the fishing pond.  He had on his rubber overalls, boots, and his floppy fishing hat.  I was on his shoulders wearing shorts and tank top.  I was smiling, and his face was red with laughter.  He had been fishing when I put a fish in his overalls.

        "I've seen him around here, just a few days ago before we left."  He said, and I stared at the picture."  I haven't seen Jake since moving here."  Mark turned toward me, and pointed at Jake's face."  He was right outside of the apartment reading a newspaper, then he was standing outside the coffee shop, and even at your tournament.  I think he's following you Mati."  I put my hand on the picture, and could remember the smile on Jake's face."  If I see him, I'll talk to him."  I told Mark, and he stayed silent.  We went down to his car to see Thomas waiting there for us."  About time, I thought you already forgot about breakfast."  I smiled, and got in the back seat.  I could tell Mark was not happy about Jake, but I couldn't tell him about Jake's past.  When Jake and I were younger, he would do bad things.  He would follow people, stalk them, even break into their houses.  I got in his way once, and he pushed me down the stairs.  I still have the scar to prove it, luckily Mark hasn't found it yet.  Then there was the incident with Carah, he broke into her house and told her to leave me alone.  I confronted him about it, and he placed a knife up against my neck.  Told me never to speak to him like that again.

        Mark parked in a spot right outside the resturant, and we walked toward it.  He was looking around the lot.  I held his hand, and he looked over at me."  Calm down, I can protect myself Mark."  He continued to look around until we got into the resturant.  We were seated next to a window, and were given a view of the city.  Mark sat next to the window, and Thomas sat across from me.  He was telling me all about the characters of Twokinds.  I didn't understand the characters at all, only that they were animals.  We were laughing about something Mark said when someone came and stood next to the table.  I looked up to see the blond haired boy I grew up with."  Jake?"  I said, and he smiled."  Hey little sis, I see you've gotten more scars on that face of yours."  I stood, and he hugged me."  What are you doing here?"  I asked, and I could just feel Mark fuming."  Well, mother told me to come get you.  Said you didnt' want to come home, and I told her she was lying.  You would always want to come home."   I felt my fists tighten, and I looked over at Thomas.  He looked frightened, and looked down at his menu."  Jake, I am home.  This is where I belong with my friends."  Jake's smile turned into a scowl when I answered.

        He gazed moved over to where Mark was sitting, and he tried to move toward him.  I placed my hand on his chest, and he looked down at me."  Before you do anything stupid, you should leave."  He just stared at me with anger in his eyes."  Why are you protecting these men?"  I felt a bubbling rage rise in me, but I pushed it down."  Jake I'd like you to meet my guardians, who actually wrote out the adoption papers.  Maybe when you see Mother, you'll ask her about my adoption papers."  Mark's hand intertwined with mine, and I could feel his breathe on my neck."  Jake, leave.  Or I'll call the police for you stalking me."  I said, and Jake glared over at Mark."  Goodbye sis."  He said, and walked off.  Mark and I sat back down, and I held onto his hand."  You were right, you can protect yourself."  I smiled, and so did he.  The waiter came by, and I smiled up at him."  We would all like the Mickey Mouse pancakes."  I said, and he placed the order.  Thomas looked at me stunned, and I started laughing."  Oh come on Tom, act like a child for one day.  I remember eating these all the time for breakfast."  Tom smiled as the food was placed in front of him, and started to dig in."  It is fun to eat Mickey Mouse."  I laughed, and looked over at Mark.  He was pouring a small ring of syrup on his pancakes, and then butter.  I drizzled the syrup, and left the butter in the cup.

        We then ate like we hadn't eaten in weeks, and finished with full bellies.  Mark acted as if he had a pot belly, and I smacked his abs.  Thomas started laughing so hard milk came out is nose.  I had to cover my mouth so I didn't burst out laughing.  We then paid the bill, and went to the car."  What are we going to do for the rest of the day?"  Mark asked looking at me in the mirror."  I have to get some work done, why don't you two go to Disneyworld."  Thomas laughing, and so did Mark."  Come on, let's go to Disneyworld."  Mark said, and Thomas rolled his eyes."  Alright, but I'm paying."