The Keychain Girl

It was finally the end of the day. Spinel was so tired; she had forgotten how bothersome it was to interact with people. What did she even accomplish today? Just before she picked up her backpack, she saw her padlock sitting on her desk and stiffened. Aizawa knew. He knew that she was the one who opened his sleeping bag then locked it in panic. Spinel hid her face in her scarf embarrassed. She knew that he knew that she was the one who fucked with his yellow sleeping bag. Avoiding eye contact with her teacher, Spinel waved a quick goodbye to Todoroki and Kirishima and all but bolted out of the room.

She sighed as she exited the building, only slowing down once she was far enough. A familiar mop of purple flashed a few paces in front of her. "Hey! You! Dude with the purple hair!" She ran up to him.

Shinsou turned to where he heard the voice. Keeping his face neutral he made eye contact with the shorter girl wearing a teal and pink scarf. He grunted in response. What did she want with him? He had never seen this girl in his life, he would have remembered those piercings and unusual hair color.

Spinel smiled nervously under his scrutinizing glare. "T-thanks for stopping. I- uh..." She paused trying to organize her words. "D-do you have one of the keychains from the lucky series?"

Shinsou raised an eyebrow. How did she know? Why is she even asking? "What's it to you?"

"W-well, I have the letter C from that series" Get a grip Spinel, why are you being a stuttering mess again? Mitzi taught you better than this. "You have K, don't you?"

"Yeah." Shinsou answered a little more interested in this girl now. "Can you show me? I haven't seen C in person before."

Spinel nodded excitedly as she took out her phone and showed him the dangling charm. "Isn't it super cute?"

The longer Shinsou looked the more he felt like he had seen her before. He just couldn't place where. Was it her eyes? The way she smiled just seemed so familiar.

It was obvious Shinsou was having a hard time placing where he had seen her before. She sighed internally, a little disappointed that she didn't leave enough of an impact on the boy. He had grown taller in the past year or so, his cute fluffy hair even more untamed than when she first saw him. But his voice. Oh god his voice, she was ready to break down squealing. Overall was still rocking those eyebags and gravity defying hair aesthetic. The only different was that his eyes looked much sadder than the year prior. Spinel pulled herself out of her thoughts. "Dude, you look more tired than I feel."

Shinsou's eyes flashed with recognition, there was only one person who said that to him. Is it really her? There's no way, right? "Spinel?" He mumbled unsure of his response.

"The one and only, Periwinkle"

His mouth opened slightly trying to process what was happening. Spinel, the girl he had run into over a year ago was once again in front of him. To say she looked different was an understatement. Her hair was not only longer now but it was also pastel green and white. She seemed more confident than last time they met, if the piercings were any indication. What changed the most were her eyes, the way her eyes sparkled was the most defining difference. To put it bluntly, he was speechless.

It felt like one of those sappy romances that you could only find in books and movies. The kind with a happily ever after in the end. During the time they didn't see each other he would sometimes wonder what would happen if they ended up meeting again. What would he say? "You seem different." He deadpanned. Wow. Brilliant Shinsou, truly a man of eloquent conversation. He wasn't claiming that he was, but Shinsou would like to think that he would be able to have a better reply after envisioning this meeting multiple times.