Now You Know

"Today we will be making super moves. As you already know a super move is unique to each hero. This move doesn't necessarily have to be offensive, all it needs to do is give you the advantage in battle. A game changer if you will" Ectoplasm explained.

"I have created an arena of sorts for you all to test out your ideas. Go find a spot and we can begin." Cementoss added. "Soon you will be taking your provisional license exam. Naturally we don't typically have first years join this exam but due to some recent events we have decided that it is better for you all to be in possession of a license."

Spinel split to the left and naturally Hitoshi split to the farthest possible side away from her. Ah. Of course... She gently toyed with the piercing in her mouth as she took her spot. Spinel sucked in a shaky breath. Her eyes still stung from last night but thankfully they weren't noticeable enough for her to be questioned.

"Are you ok?" Ectoplasm asked. He had just finished making the clone for Spinel when he noticed her expression.

"Hm? Yeah. I'm great. Aha, splendid. I was just thinking about my special move." Spinel hastily sent him a convincing smile. She spent all of day one just thinking and trying things out with her quirk or just lounging around in blob form on the hard floor. He still had four more days anyway. She could take her time with planning. Though there was one thing in particular she did want to try though. Spinel took a decent sized rock into her mouth. She was a close-range fighter, so this time she would need to develop a long-ranged skill. While still a blob she managed to chew the rock up into large jagged pebbles then began to spit out small chunk after chunk at various speeds.

She had essentially turned herself into a blob machine gun, but with rocks as ammo. She would need to test different materials to see if they were better. It was a good start though. She would think of some cringy special move name for it later.

- ----FOUR DAYS LATER-----

Over the four days Spinel hadn't gone to visit Mei nor was she able to be within ten feet of Hitoshi without him disappearing off somewhere to avoid her. Spinel stopped trying to talk to Hitoshi and decided that he would need to initiate conversation, so instead she decided to avoid him too.

It honestly felt like the longest week of her life. She was so tired from avoiding Hitoshi and Mei. At least on the upside she had come up with her secret move and since it was Friday she could go back home and just curl up in a blanket pile and binge movies with Dabi -assuming he wasn't working.

Unfortunately, since it was day four, Spinel needed to go see Mei and recollect her upgraded hero costume. She really didn't want to go but she couldn't exactly keep asking Shouto, Kiri and Momo to bring her uniform back and forth. Spinel began her way through the empty school halls. She decided to wait till after school to collect her stuff. Mei was sure to be there late, and it reduced the chances she would run into Hitoshi.

Oh, come on. Speak of the fucking devil. Spinel cursed at whoever decided to make this meeting happen. Hitoshi and Spinel met eyes as they walked through the hallway. She was expecting to walk past Hitoshi in silence but this time he spoke up.

"It's been a while, Rosenthal." He nodded in her direction and added the name at the end like he had tasted something bitter.

"It has. Now if you'll excuse me Shinsou, I have pressing matters to attend to." She returned the polite nod with one of her own then tore her eyes away from his. Rosenthal. I guess I've lost the privilege to an endearment. She hastily made her way to the support classroom and took a deep breath before entering.

"Spinel! why didn't you visit me these past few days?!" Mei looked up from her project "Woah. You look awful" her eyes widened as she rushed over to Spinel. "What's wrong?" She pulled Spinel in and closed the door again.