Two-Faced Liar

The pair were abruptly broken out of their spell when they heard a voice reminding them that they were not alone. "Yes! I finally made it to the next level!" Kaminari cheered, as he held up his Nintendo switch.

Spinel and Shinsou suddenly turned to face where the cheers were coming from, both of their faces redder than cherries. What the hell just happened!? Spinel screamed internally. We didn't kiss. Well, apart from the eskimo kiss but that didn't really count. She reminded herself. Her heart was going a mile a minute in her chest as her mind was twirled around in a poor attempt to process what had just transpired within the last few seconds. The pinkness of her lips matched the blush spreading across her face. She was about to kiss him! Shinsou probably considered her a best friend at most and she wasn't about to ruin their friendship with her silly schoolgirl crush. Well...that and I'm not legally who I say I am.

Shinsou's mind was on overdrive. He had almost kissed Spinel. She's a friend. He chastised himself. He wasn't going to have a falling out with her just because he did something he shouldn't have. And even if they did kiss, what was he to say after? He couldn't just play off a kiss as something 'friends' do, even with his very limited knowledge he knew that much. He reaffirmed that eskimo kisses don't count. But the more he thought about the almost kiss, the more he regretted it. She didn't back away, so maybe he had a chance? Her lips look so soft. He lamented at the lost opportunity. What if she is taken away by someone else? Shinsou's thoughts cackled. He shook his head. No just the thought of that was enough to make his heart twist. They had been on two -technically three if you count the 'friend celebration'- dates, they spent plenty of time with each other, he had met her family and he had her number. Surely Shinsou ticked all the prerequisites to ask her out.

Unknown to the flustered pair Mina and Hagakure hadn't looked away and witnessed the whole scene. It was the cutest thing they had watched all week. "Should we ask her?" Mina whispered, as she wriggled her eyebrows.

Hagakure giggled, "Totally."

--------------

The class collectively visited each other's rooms to see what the inside looked like. Rooms give a surprising insight to one's personality. The most surprising of all rooms honestly went to Shouto. Momo's room was a close second but where did Shouto even find the time to change the entire atmosphere and floor of his room?

When Spinel opened the door to her room it was surprisingly plain, empty walls, plain black bed sheets and a large grey fuzzy rug. The only items that gave the room a little personality were the pop figures and stationery beside her laptop on the desk. On her bed sat a giant stuffed unicorn that looked eerily similar to the one from the movie 'Despicable Me', the only difference being that Spinel's unicorn was rainbow colored instead of just pink and white.

"Woah, I've seen that before! It's from one of the games in the fair." Hagakure gasped as she noticed the animal.

Spinel looked over to the toy with a fond smile on her face, "Yeah, my brother won it when we went one time. It's so fluffy."

"Dude, you didn't tell me you gamed!" Kaminari grinned as he saw Spinel's mouse and desktop. "We need to play one time."

Spinel returned his infectious smile. "Hell yeah, we can." She began to usher her classmates out the door. "Let's go see the other rooms, shall we?"

What she didn't show them was her beige backpack in the closet packed and ready to go. If she ever needed to bolt all she had to do was stuff her laptop in the backpack and take the stuffed animal in one arm before leaving out the window or something of the sort. The second floor wasn't too much of a jump. Most of her stuff was still at the apartment. At home...