Pull your Punches

Thankfully, the rest of the classes were core classes meaning Spinel wouldn't have to see all her classmates at the same time. She got a variety of looks from confusion to resentment. She couldn't blame them, not after what she did. Instead of breaking down under the gazes of ire she stayed indifferent to what was happening around her. She had never been so grateful to Mitzi for teaching her how to assign 'safe places' where she could emotionally unload all while keeping a straight face until she reached her destination.

Before Spinel left for the day, she decided to pay a visit to the nurse's office, to apologize to Hagakure or do something of the sort. She wasn't sure yet. The door was left just a crack open and Spinel could peer inside. There was Ojiro, Kirishima, Uraraka and Mina. It was only natural her friends would visit. Spinel was just surprised the other girls didn't come or maybe they came earlier.

"I saw it happen and it was terrifying. There was no doubt about that. It looked like she was going to bite her in half rather than just swallow her."

"But it was an exercise. Battle training. And Hagakure's injuries aren't even that bad. It just looked bad."

Spinel listened in to the conversation. Ojiro was upset and rightfully so whereas Kirishima was trying to defend her. She felt like she didn't deserve to be defended. Ojiro was right. She did look pretty terrifying while eating someone.

"It probably wasn't as bad as it looked, I mean you were eaten before and you came out fine." Mina piped up.

"I mean, Deku and Bakugo beat each other up pretty bad too" Uraraka added in a feeble attempt to ease out the tension.

"Well, we won't know till we see."

Kirishima sighed a little frustrated. "No one saw what happened in the smoke. And besides, once Hagakure was cleaned up, Recovery Girl said that it was just a broken nose and dislocated ankle. No tooth marks. She will be fine within a day"

"Even if Hagakure forgives her. I'm not sure if I can" Ojiro stated with finality. "Spinel looked at her like food!"

"It's just her quirk. We are heroes in training. It's natural to end up with all kinds of injuries, you can't just coddle Hagakure. I'm sure she wouldn't want that either." Uraraka argued. "Did Spinel even have the intention of biting her in half? I really don't think she did"

Spinel had heard enough. She furrowed her eyebrows, her chest tightening. Spinel expected this kind of reaction, but it didn't hurt any less. She was surprised that she had people who defended her. Though she just felt bad that Ojiro was the person getting the flack. Ever so softly she walked away from the room deciding against entering. She didn't notice recovery girl watching her sympathetic.

Heroes get hurt all the time in their line of work and sometimes students tend to overlook the possibility of a training accident gone wrong or a quirk that doesn't seem heroic at first glance. The students would need to work this all out amongst themselves, there are far greater things to be worried about besides a broken nose and appearances.

------------------

"Why didn't you stop the fights?!" Aizawa shouted, enraged his quirk activating only adding to his intimidating stare. "In what way did you think it was a good idea to let not one, but two fights get out of hand?" Aizawa sat back down and rubbed his eyes.

"I thought that maybe young Bakugo and young Midoriya needed to clear up some history. And the cameras were obscured so I couldn't see what happened with young Rosenthal's fight." All Might reasoned.

"As soon as you couldn't see the students you should have stopped the fight." Aizawa hissed. Remembering another mishap, he continued "And why didn't you start them on the basics. Like where to hit and how to hit without killing their classmates. What you did was the equivalent to handing kids a loaded gun and telling them not to shoot the important bits.