//Lock and P//

I had spent an entire three days without the diary and it hadn't been so bad so far. I missed the comfort of being able to disappear in it but living in the real world wasn't too bad either. Besides, I had a date to look forward to.

Mercury's smile flashed before my eyes. Her bright, wide eyed smile, so full of wonder. I wanted to know how to make that smile happen more often and I wanted to be someone that smile cared about. I couldn't explain it but it was the closest thing I'd felt to a flutter in a ridiculously long time. And she wasn't P. As much as I adored P, I couldn't imagine dating her anymore.

Things had gone on for too long. Much longer than either of us deserved.

Ah, P. I missed her. I missed her warmth and much like the diary, just how comfortable it was to be with her. To be in love with her.

And although we'd still be friends, we'd be nowhere near what we used to be. To know that the best of Drax Clarke and Portia Hayes was over, was disheartening.

But she had Lock now and I had Mercury. We were moving on, as unlikely as that seemed. And I was happy for her. I was happy for our separate futures.

I let myself glimpse back at everything P and I used to be and as hard as it broke my heart, it made me smile, knowing that even if we'd never be that again, we had been that once.

I almost instinctively reached for the diary that wasn't with me. I couldn't let go. I still couldn't let go of her. Diary chick had a hold on me and I knew I was dangerously close to her. So much of her was embedded in me now and I would drop everything for her.

I'd give up so much just to know who she was and to be able to hold her and tell her that she'd be okay. I just wanted her to know that she wasn't alone, that I'd do anything for her.

I had a feeling Mercury understood this. That I was not fully in control of myself because so much of me was invested in someone I didn't know but knew in the ways that mattered.

"Draxy?" I spun around, only to find Lacey standing by the door.

"Come on inside, Lace."

"Why are you all dressed up?" She asked.

"I have a date."

"With P?" Her eyes lit up.

"No, Lace, but Lock and P are coming over to babysit you."

"P's coming?" She smiled wider.

"Yeah, they should be here any minute now."

"Where are you going for your date?"

"I'm taking Mercury to get dinner and then I'm taking her to a fancy art exhibit thing."

"Ooh. Fun."

"Yeah."

The doorbell buzzed and I took a minute to open, and found Lock and P with their mouths pressed together.