//Finn's Driver's License//

After the disorienting 3 a.m. visit Wendy disappeared. I hated that it was most likely my fault and I hated that she wasn't there.

Wendy was a constant and when she wasn't around, everything got worse. Lock kept almost asking me about something, like he knew something was wrong and that I was at the center of what was wrong, but it was almost like he didn't want to ask.

My head hurt from thinking about it too much, the only bright side was that it took my mind off the diary. But it also meant that this was the closest I'd come to asking for it back.

Finn said Wendy was okay and that she was just cooling off. He didn't seem worried but Finn hardly seemed worried. He was always a little bit blank, a calm kind of blank.

Mercury and I had been hanging out a little more. I was still too scared to introduce her to Lace but I knew it would happen soon enough. Mercury helped take my mind off everything. I still hadn't told her that Wendy kissed me before disappearing but I wasn't sure there was anything to tell. It felt like it was something that was supposed to stay between just Wendy and I. It hadn't meant anything. I wondered if Wendy had told Finn.

"Why do you look so lost, Draxy?" Johnny asked.

"Wendy," I said.

"She'll be fine."

"I don't know, something doesn't feel right."

"Did she talk to you?" Lock asked, after what felt like an eternity.

"Uh--sort of?" I had managed to not tell any of them what had happened with Wendy.

"What did she say, Drax?" P asked. 

"I said we'd talk later--"

"So this is your fault?" P glared at me.

"It might be."

"No, it's not," Finn said, "she's fine Drax, it's okay. She told me everything, it's not your fault." So Finn knew? And he was okay with it?

"When's she coming back?" Mace asked.

"Whenever she feels like it." Finn said.

"So you're not going to convince her to un-disappear herself?" P gawked at Finn.

"No, I'm not."

I zoned out of the conversation after that. Until Finn told me to walk with him. He said things like that, he was probably the most grown up out of all of us.

So I did walk with him. I figured he'd want to talk about Wendy.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She wanted me to give you this," he said, and handed me his driver's license.

"Why do you--"

"You'll see."

I stared at it and almost instantly knew.

"Your middle name's Chase?" I asked. It could just be a coincidence.

"I had it changed." He nodded. It wasn't a coincidence.

I stared at him wordlessly.

"She wrote you something," he said, handing me the painfully familiar black journal, "last page."

"Wend?" I whispered.

"She didn't know how to tell you and Lock knew so it was only a matter of time."