Page 61// 3 a.m.

Time is fluid. It's kind of like melted ice cream. I mean sure you can freeze it again but you're not supposed to! And even if you successfully re-freeze it, it won't taste the same.

Alright, that's probably not the best way to explain it.

I think it's always just sorta flowing through me. This imaginary concept that may or may not exist. But it somehow just does?

It's like the ghost of water or something.

And yes, I do realize that I am making absolutely no sense whatsoever!

It's just that I can feel time. At least right now, I can. And it feels soft and liquid-y. And it feels like something going through me. Something subtle, maybe even like a slight buzz.

Maybe I'm just sleepy but it feels like so much more. It feels like I'm living.

Like there's some kind of weird, squishy concept that may or may not exist but it's still the basis of almost everything. Just so we're clear, it's not the soft kind of squishy. It is soft but when squished it kind of blows up a little and creates this weird thingy known as a paradox.

It's the breakable kind of squishy.

However, when you feel it, like really feel it, it's actually quite beautiful.

It feels real.

And at the same time, it feels unrealistically pleasant.

Sort of like ice cream.

But that's just speaking from my non-scientific, 3 a.m. perspective.

P.S. Chase was right, 3 a.m. is its own kind of beautiful.

"Drax, it's 3 a.m. this better be important?" I heard Wendy grumble as she walked into my room.

"You came?" I whispered.

"Of course I came, you ass!" She shook her head at me, annoyed. "Now tell me what's wrong?"

"I couldn't sleep and I didn't know who else I could talk to about this?"

"What am I going to do with your dramatic ass Drax Clarke?"

"Wend, do you think I'm a bad person?"

She picked up a pillow and tossed it at my face.

"Yes Draxy. I think you're a bad person. I think you're terrible! But I still adore you enough to drive my ass here because you needed to talk! It doesn't matter if you're a bad person, in my opinion you're always going to be an absolute sweetheart so I suggest you go ask someone for their unbiased opinion on you. You're not getting it from me!"

"I hurt P." I whispered.

"You messed up. You know you have to make it right because you hurt someone who cares about you more than I do! I know you realise that. I know it's eating you up! So no Clarke you're not a bad person for hurting P! You didn't want to hurt her and it was stupid but it doesn't make you a bad person!"

I passed a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry for waking you up Wend."

"That however, does qualify you as a semi-shit person."