Page 58// That's why P hates it

Despite all the great reasons I had to go to bed, I chose against it. Tonight I was tempted to stay up until I saw the moon swallowed by the darkness that currently surrounded it.

It felt like the right thing to do.

The right way to end the day?

My arms were a little sore from holding P.

"Hey Wendy?" I whispered as I got up to place P on the bed.

"Clarke."

"Do you maybe wanna help me clean up?"

"Draxy, we'll take care of it in the morning."

"What if Lacey wakes up?" I whispered, looking around.

The sight oddly reminded me of a distant memory I had no intention of reliving. Something I'd rather not have Lacey walk in on.

"Alright, let's do this." She stood up.

"Thanks."

"You know I'll do anything for that little princess." She smiled. "And her big brother." She hugged me and pecked my cheek. "You get the bottles and I'll get everything else."

It didn't sound like a lot of work but we had to work around the three passed out drunk idiots--which turned out to be surprisingly challenging.

"I think I got all the bottles."

"Wait a minute?" Wendy paused and looked around. "Where the hell is Mace?"

"I have a feeling I'm not prepared for the answer." I shook my head.

"Oh my gosh, he's probably passed out in the bathroom--why are you sitting down already?"

"I got all the bottles." I smirked and picked up the black journal.

"That's why P hates it. It makes sense now."

I absolutely hate bittersweet moments. I know that's why they have the bitter in them but let me explain why they really suck.

Well, because they have the sweet!

I know that sounds stupid but I don't really know what you're expecting here?

When something is bittersweet, in a way, you know that had things not gone the way they did, you wouldn't have the sweet--although it may not have been bitter either.

Look at it one way and you're finding something to smile about in a relatively awful situation.

But look at it another way and you're sort of rooting for the bitter because without it, you wouldn't have the sweet?

Because had anything been different, including the bitter, the sweet wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be all that sweet without the bitter attached to it.

And in some situations, the bitter is the sweet?

Okay now I really don't make sense.

Not sleeping does that to me. Makes me all weird and nonsensical.

Anyway, here's my bittersweet moment of the day: I stayed up all night and saw the moon go down. And then slowly, I saw the sun come up. But now I feel like a truck ran over my brain multiple times.

P.S. In a way we're all just bittersweet moments.

"Drax, I will not say this twice, get up and help me or face my eternal wrath!" Whoops.

"I'll take Mace."